Your favorite cab and why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite cab and why...

Let's hear about what ya gots and loves... and see em!

As for me... I've yet to hear or try em all, but my vote goes fer Orange. I sawr Pelican many moons ago in Seattle, Warshington. They used them, and had me hooked since. I've since had me own experience with them, and my love only grows. My Framus is solid, and competes if not better than Mesa cabs IMO. I've had both and preferred my framus.
    Last edited by SteveAlysis; 08-26-2011, 08:43 PM.

Re: Your favorite cab and why...

I'd have to say that the Bogner Cabs and orange are the best cabinets. I have 5 old Marshall cabinets, and they are good enuf. The aged wood on the old cabinets makes a huge difference.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      I'd have to say that the Bogner Cabs and orange are the best cabinets. I have 5 old Marshall cabinets, and they are good enuf. The aged wood on the old cabinets makes a huge difference.
      Why not sell a few of das Marshalls and get a Bogner/Orange?

Comment

I love my '68 Bassman vert 2x12 to bits. I loaded it with hemp-coned V30's and it just slays. Sounds absolutely massive. Probably because it is massive.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I really like my main cabs -- a Rivera 4x12 and a vintage Hiwatt 4x12.

I would like a 10/12 mixed cab and an 8x10, tho!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
            Why not sell a few of das Marshalls and get a Bogner/Orange?
            becasue they are all set up with vintage Marshall speakers; one with old G12H-30's, one with vintage G12'65's, another wioth old Blackbacks, and one thats got some new Celestion G12M-20 clones., and one I'm working with for a high gain application with a mixture of Celestions.
            Not that I wouldn't love a Bogner, but alas, my finances have hit the proverbial wall.
            Last edited by MetalManiac; 08-26-2011, 09:10 PM.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              becasue they are all set up with vintage AMrshall speakers; one with old G12H-30's, one with vintage G12'65's, another wioth old Blackbacks, and one thats got some newe G12M-20 clones.
              Not that I wouldnt love a Bogner, buit alas, my finances have hit the proverbial wall.
              Sell the LEAST favorite, and buy a used Orange. I've seen a few pop up for $400-500 used.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                I really like my main cabs -- a Rivera 4x12 and a vintage Hiwatt 4x12.

I would like a 10/12 mixed cab and an 8x10, tho!
                Nice! How's that Rivera? I had a chance to buy one of their 2x12s with V30s, but of course the Craigslist dude flaked.

Way jealous of the Hiwatt. Me Floyd love/Gilmour man crush has had me gassin for anything Hiwatt for years

Comment

My same mid/late 70s Marshall bass cab I've had for 25 years or so.

*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                  Originally posted by Slash2987
                  Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                  Originally posted by PVFan
                  I'm a good sex man.
                  Originally posted by Grumpy
                  I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Sell the LEAST favorite, and buy a used Orange. I've seen a few pop up for $400-500 used.
                    I don't have a least favourite. Thosie are all epic time honored famous Celestion Marshall Cabinet /speaker combos.
                    yeah, I think a great Bogner is what I need to set my sights on though, but glad the Oranges can sometimes be had at 500 .00 or therabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                      My same mid/late 70s Marshall bass cab I've had for 25 years or so.

Ive got a a rare- in -the- US Elephant Green Tolex early 80's Marshall Cabinet loaded with the same old blackbacks like in your picture there. It absolutely has some incredible luscious expansive tone.
                      My old Checerboard like yours had G12H-30s from the 70's... yeah..its beyond words as far as great tone...nothing like a vintage marshall cabinet- the old craftsmanship and aged birchwood just make a enormous difference.
                      Last edited by MetalManiac; 08-26-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Very nice Golden Boy!

Something about a nice old, beat up Marshall cab that makes me wanna Hulk Hogan leg drop the shi* outta someone.... I mean that in a good way.

Comment

Recto 4x12. It's a very clear cab that sounds great.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

dude, yer pic makes me miss my r6

i love my fender vibroking 2x12 cab with g12h/combo sounds freakin great!

Comment

Working...
                              X