Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a G-System

Holy **** is this thing sweet.

I bought it on a bit of a whim when I seen a used one listed for relatively cheap on another forum. I've been wanting an all in one rack setup for awhile but have been balking at the cost of doing it correctly.

I've only been messing with this G-System for a couple of days but it's been pretty straight forward. I like it because i can fine tune things per channel. I have it hooked up so that it changes channel on a Mesa Mark V head and have added a couple pedals (Phase 90/Flanger) to the loops so I can do some Van Halen type sh*t.

It's super easy to use. The thing I hate about pedal setups is needing to switch multiple pedals. With the G-System I can go right from a lead tone with a real Phase 90 feeding into a real OD-808 feeding into my amp's lead channel, with long delays and reverb to straight up high gain rhythm with a ducking delay in the background to add some ambience to the gaps, then go right into a Metallica style clean/chorus with compression, dual delays and reverb.... complete with a 4dB boost to help a clean solo stand out.

I'm pretty stoked about this. I've avoided getting too into effects for a long time because having to tap dance throws me off my game. This is a god-send for someone like me.

I obviously need to rack mount this to make it movable... but it's not really any more complicated than a pedal board. It's actually a little bit simpler if your used to having to run extra cables for your pedal board power, amp footswitch plus a send/receive for your effects loop.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Re: Picked up a G-System

I really want to do something like this. Even if it's just with something like a CM Octaswitch. I will need more pedals first, though.

Comment

I just sold mine because when I ran the four cable method it made the lead channel of my amp sound really strange and took away a lot of the lowest lows and highest highs...not like compression, just like the frequencies had been turned off.

That being said my guitar teacher uses one and literally can't get by without it...
      Originally posted by jcthejester13
      Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

Comment

so, you are no more a non-pedal guy... hehehe.

Comment

Very nice. I've always wanted to play through one of those. I've only read good things about them.

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
            I just sold mine because when I ran the four cable method it made the lead channel of my amp sound really strange and took away a lot of the lowest lows and highest highs...not like compression, just like the frequencies had been turned off.

That being said my guitar teacher uses one and literally can't get by without it...
            Just wanted to throw this out there..... I had a similar situation occur and it turned out to be the cables. It was really hard for me to believe but after upgrading the cables for the interconnects and some of the runs to the amps and cabs, everything was back to normal with no loss of highs or lows.... in fact it made everything come back to life with more dynamics.

I thought I was using decent cables but I was educated in good, better, best cable selection and now I am a believer.

Brad

Comment

Working...
            X