banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to bass players... what do u think bout Phil Jones cabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to bass players... what do u think bout Phil Jones cabs?

Usually bass players prefer 10", 12" and 15" speakers (sometimes 18"), but PJ cabs uses an array of 5" speakers. It's an innovative design, it looks awesone, but I'm wondering how does it sound?
    Any chance that a SD member have used one of this cabs?

Re: to bass players... what do u think bout Phil Jones cabs?

I played these at the NY Amp Show. They're really cool and do what they promise, so long as you're after a sparkling clean bass tone. If you want rock growl, look elsewhere.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Yeah, I've played a couple. I'll stick with my 12" speakered cabs. Namely my Bergantino 212.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

I played one at Bass Central last year, and they are right on!
        BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
        Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
        Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
        Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
        Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
        Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
        Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
        Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
        Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
        Gibson EBO

Comment

no to side track but what are desirable speakers for a bassist? I always assumed 15" for the big low end, but I see alot of bass cabs using 8 and 10" and some 12". I know its more to do with wattage, but Id think small speakers would get farty..

I have a combo with a 15" that I dont get to play much. But Im hoping to get to a gigging point soon
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            no to side track but what are desirable speakers for a bassist? I always assumed 15" for the big low end, but I see alot of bass cabs using 8 and 10" and some 12". I know its more to do with wattage, but Id think small speakers would get farty..

I have a combo with a 15" that I dont get to play much. But Im hoping to get to a gigging point soon
            Actually it tends to be the other way around. The dampening factor of the amp will largely determine how well the speakers are controlled but smaller speakers are easier to keep from getting sloppy.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
            X