Celestion G12k100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion G12k100

Got a chance to play a quad of these in a Marshall Mode Four cab, and was very impressed. The cleans sound was better than my quad of V30s. Very articulate, great low end, and punchy when overdriven. Now im thinking of throwing two in my cab in an X with my V 30s.

Are these really just a 100w Celestion 75? they sound different than the 75s IMO. Highs weren't as shrill and a lot more smooth.

Re: Celestion G12k100

Originally posted by SteveAlysis View Post
    Got a chance to play a quad of these in a Marshall Mode Four cab, and was very impressed. The cleans sound was better than my quad of V30s. Very articulate, great low end, and punchy when overdriven. Now im thinking of throwing two in my cab in an X with my V 30s.

Are these really just a 100w Celestion 75? they sound different than the 75s IMO. Highs weren't as shrill and a lot more smooth.
    I have 2 of those in a 2x12. They sound quite different than 75s so I don't think they are 100W version of 75s.

They sound more like combination (of good attributes) of V30s and 75s to my ears.
    "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

They used to be called the G12K-85 and a bit later they decided that since they hold 100 watts easily, they'd change the name.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

They are only available in 8 ohms just so you know...
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
          They are only available in 8 ohms just so you know...
          Yeah that's what im lookin for. My v30s are 8ohm

Comment

The G12T-100 "HOT 100" is the 100 watt version of the 75.
            Good deals with Fusion1, Mig50, Meggo, hamerfan, Booldrose, JOLLY, Ignoramus, BELLEZA, BPSUL, bluesbend, DracoAran, brunigio, Ed Hunter, Andrew Lemprecht, Shauggy, atreidesheir, Killsocket, rawkabilly, DesertRat, slaveunit, Clapton is God, metlking, Heartfeltmusic2010, ErikH, SAVAGE DISTORTION, Punkkitty, Dankstar, lexx9, Mr 9finger, loversmoon, BachToRock, Kingdon Guitarworks, Chrismo, Ascension, IndySG, ex-250, guitarglynn, Mononoaware, chickencoop, daan, t1r12003, Demina, Trevorus and more.

Comment

Didn't like them, too stiff for me and too clean. I went back to V30s and CL80s and V30s with G12-65s

Comment

so where does the (now replaced) g12H100 fit in? i quite like it. its got muscles on muscles. Is that what the k replaced?
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

G12H 100 isnt a widely well regarded speaker.The G12K-85 that Killmiiester used in his 4x12 Marshall cabs ( not bad endorsement eh, absolutely devastating sound) are the same as the modern G12K-100s' , althouhg , like anything else, youe probably better off with the earlier UK version, IF you can find a nice used one.
                  I would say the EV12l wuoldn't b so disliked as the guy on this thread who thought his G12K-100 was stiff and lacked charecter, even though it tends to be clean and hi fidelity (EV was after all and early Hi-Fi pioneer) ,it has some decidedly rich sound in its mix , that maybe the K-100 is slacking on.
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I use two 4X12 cabinets loaded with EVM12L classics speakers with my Soldano amps and i can say it's not stiff because of the high wattage rated speakers.
                    It's all in the design of the speaker.

Comment

Working...
                    X