Suggest a good EQ pedal for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest a good EQ pedal for me...

I use a 6 band MXR that I picked up from a guy on the forum here for about $40. It works great. I've had friends play with an MXR 10 band and those work great, too. I bought the 6 band because of space issues like you've mentioned and I was able to find one pretty cheap. Which ever of the two work out in your situation, the quality is certainly there with the MXR eqs.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
      The thing about the MXR 10 band that's always annoyed me are the leftmost and rightmost bands. There is no way a 32 Hz band or a 16 kHz band will be useful on a guitar.
      I have to disagree. I have heard that statement before, so, with pedal hooked up I slid the sliders full on, full off on the extremes of 32 Hz and 16 kHz. I definitely heard the difference on both the 32 Hz and 16 kHz sides with a Fender Strat and a Ibanez Les Paul copy. Do the test yourself.

Now, will you hear that difference in a high gain, high volume setting?????, no frack'en way, but it does make a difference, and in some musical situations, it will make the music shine.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
        Alright, well so far its looking like the MXR 10-band. Just wondering, is the 10-band that bunch better than the 6-band?
        I think so . . . i like the extra low end, at 31Hz.
        I believe the 6 band only goes as low as 100Hz.

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          The thing about the MXR 10 band that's always annoyed me are the leftmost and rightmost bands. There is no way a 32 Hz band or a 16 kHz band will be useful on a guitar.
          That is exactly why i got it, it's for that looooow 31Hz.
          It helps when i play Soundgarden, Sleep, Fu Manchu, Electric Wizard and the like !
          My secret weapon - if you will !
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
          X