OMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!

I found my sound... and boy does it sound good. I am currently running my PRS torero with a blackouts EMTY in the bridge through a Blackstar HT-20 head and
    a Dime Amplification D412 cab w/stock eminence speakers. HOLY CRAP.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: OMG!

Congrats, I'm still looking for mine. I'm getting close though
    88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
    Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
    Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
    Vox NightTrain 50.
    My Band

Comment

congrats! Enjoy!!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Congrats for the moment, unfortunately it will change. For this moment, stay content and enjoy. Play it for as long as it works.

The moment you have the urge for something more, your sound is no more. Truthfully, it may not be something more, but a change of direction. Say you join a differ genre band.

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I am truly happy for you. You found a sound that works for you and represents you which is great. This is more of a warning.

The second you have a few extra dollars and you decide to head to the guitar store just to look around. You decide to jam on a nice legit PRS, it's all over. Or you're browsing through the SDUGF and you hear someone talking about EVM 12L speakers and decide to read up about em, it's all over.

Tone is ever changing. The second you add/detract something from your signal change will change your tone even if it's subtle. A differ axe, amp, cab, speakers, pedal, hell even cable, then your sound change and the itch comes. Maybe if I jsut upgrade a lil.

Best advice: Don't be so content in your sound that you're not willing to change/tweak, yet don't feel the urge to tweak/change your tone when it's working for you. It's the grey area that you have to rest upon.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Thanks for the advice mwalluk.
          My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
          The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
          Originally posted by CTN
          I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

How long will it last?

Comment

Working...
            X