Did I make a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I make a mistake?

I just ordered the boss tu-3 chromatic tuner for the price of $85... should I attempt to sell it and get a cheaper tuner?
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Re: Did I make a mistake?

Try making a judgement on it yourself.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

looks like the going rate. boss makes great stuff. treat it well, and it'll last forever.

Comment

just make sure you turn off the "you're in tune" notification and you'll be very happy.
        Widow - "we have songs".
        Originally posted by Aceman
        Mega gain pup plus mega gain amp usually equals mega crap.

Comment

I've had my Boss Tu-8 for close to 10 years. It should last a while. I would keep it if I were you.

Comment

i have a tu2 that i got in '95 or '96 and its still kicking. and i sure dont treat it nicely

Comment

Originally posted by John E Rokker View Post
              just make sure you turn off the "you're in tune" notification and you'll be very happy.
              is that like "you've got mail!" for guitar?

Comment

I have two TU2's & one TU3. They all work very well and $85.00 is a very good price for one. Leave it on your board and play with it for a while. For me its a stage tuner, it doesn't have to be perfect but it usually is. I have both the TU2 & TU3 on different boards & they work fine for stage work. When I am doing a setup on one of my guitars I use the trusty Boss TU12. Its a needle tuner and more precise for intonating a guitar.
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  i have a tu2 that i got in '95 or '96 and its still kicking. and i sure dont treat it nicely
                  This is kind of what I was thinking. I don't think I've ever heard of someone having a Boss pedal tuner break on them. I've seen some real haggard looking ones that look like they have survived several wars and still worked perfectly.

I've had a few TU-2's over the years, but I can't say I've ever bought one new. Not that I wouldn't, but they're pretty easy to find used in exc. condition for a lot cheaper. I haven't seen many TU-3's on the market.

Either way you go, it's a sound investment. I say keep it.
                  Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Working...
                  X