What amp is the vocalist using here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amp is the vocalist using here ?

Chris, the lead vocalist has a killer tone/sound that i have never heard from Black Stone Cherry before.

So, here is my two part question(s) :

A) what amp is the lead vocalist, Chris, using here ?

B) is it only amp dirt, or does it sound like he is extra getting help from a pedal ?

Now, i know BSC usually uses 6505 high gain heads, but this sound, 00:36sec - 1m29sec, is like nothing i have ever heard from them.
    I faffed aroud with a 2X12 5150 combo for a very long time (my cousin's, not mine) and i never got this type of tone from that combo.
    If i did, i would have bought it when he sold it !

Any info on this tone will be very welcome !

Thanx to all.
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: What amp is the vocalist using here ?

. . . any one ?
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

I watched the whole video, and the only glimpse of anything I saw that could be the singers amp was a lighted Hughes and Kettner logo on an amp behind the singer..
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Mmmm, fuzzy...
        I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          I watched the whole video, and the only glimpse of anything I saw that could be the singers amp was a lighted Hughes and Kettner logo on an amp behind the singer..
          MMmmm, i did not even notice that . . . lemme have another look.

Thanx MM

Comment

I thought I saw a peavey
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
              I thought I saw a peavey
              Same here, but did it look like a 6505, or the newer 3120 ?

Comment

I can't see a damned thing in the video, but I've gotta agree with Metal Maniac. It sounds like a Hughes & Kettner, but I think you could get the same tone with a Mesa Dual Rectifier or a Soldano SLO.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Blue glow-y boxes always say Hughes and Kettner to me, but there's no way for me to be sure. I saw some peavey logos too, but I think they were on the cabs. I also think I saw a Marshall half stack sitting off to the side of the stage at one point but I'm not sure if it was switched on or not. It could belong to the support band or just be a backup or something.
                  I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Do you guys think that a Peavey amp can produce that much of an o p e n c r u n c h tone ?

(ie. not compressed gain)

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                      Same here, but did it look like a 6505, or the newer 3120 ?
                      The one I saw, which was closer to the 2nd guitarist, looked kinda like the new Butcher.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

sounds like a fuzz pedal to me brosef. You should know!

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                          sounds like a fuzz pedal to me brosef. You should know!

Thats the thing . . . it does not sound like a fuzz pedal at all !

Comment

Working...
                          X