Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peavey jsx. who has one?

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
    I know exactly what this is all about, from experience. It is very hard to go from compressed digital solid state distortion to warm open tube distortion. If you keep playing you will learn to to love the new tone and find out what all the fuss is about. In the meanwhile, if you want to make it sound more digital throw an eq in the effects loop, boost it to hell rock out with the heavily scooped fizzy tone that you are used to.
    Ohhhh man i think your right. i do love the tube tone. i have been solid for to long. like i said tho the maxon gets me to where i dream so i should be happy, my main gripe was that i didnt undertand how people where getting the metal they likes just using the amps natural distortion.

Comment

This is another song i cant get to sound right without the maxon's help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-TgDjcBL0

Comment

if you bought a used JSX there is the possibility the previous owner put in low gain pre-amp tubes, i have a 3120 and i use a low gain tube in V1 to reduce the fizzy tone at low volume..keep in mind it is difficult to get a good sound from a 120w amp at low volumes

Comment

I had KT77's in my JSX for a while. They can have a bright edge to them, but mostly pleasant. With KT77's, you get more punch, depth, the kind of distortion you seem to be looking for, and an immediate attack. Try Valveart KT77's. Switch to a more compressed preamp tube like Tung-Sols. I think you'll start liking the JSX a lot then.
          Last edited by UberMetalDood; 09-02-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Cool i will do that after i use these ones for awhile.

Any jsx brothers out there who have tried these Fargen Custom transformer set?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230660394...84.m1438.l2649

Comment

Originally posted by xntrick View Post
              keep in mind it is difficult to get a good sound from a 120w amp at low volumes
              Ditto. That JSX needs to be pushed....and when it is pushed you won't need that OD pedal for teh heaveez. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBACCA View Post
                Ditto. That JSX needs to be pushed....and when it is pushed you won't need that OD pedal for teh heaveez. Trust me.
                Well we taken the amps to the farm last night and cranked them up. it sounds a lot better cranked up.But still love the tone the maxon 0d9 pro plus creates.

Anyway i think you guys a right i could get away with no od pedal if i was playing it ear bleeding loud all the time. Thing is i also like to use at home etc so the maxon will serve me well.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by xntrick View Post
                  if you bought a used JSX there is the possibility the previous owner put in low gain pre-amp tubes, i have a 3120 and i use a low gain tube in V1 to reduce the fizzy tone at low volume..keep in mind it is difficult to get a good sound from a 120w amp at low volumes
                  Thank you! All the posts so far, no one mentioned tubes..
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X