banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we as an Amp Forum behind the times ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we as an Amp Forum behind the times ?

Is there something wrong with us ?
    Is there something the rest of the world know, and we do not ?

Why have i never heard of Phaez amps, yet on the Les Paul Forum, there is a single thread with over 200 pages, and over 3000 posts about this brand !
    Thats right over 3000 posts in one thread, about this amp Co.

What do they know, what we do not ?

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squa...get-phaez.html - LP Forum

http://www.phaezamp.com/store/index.php - the amp brand in question.

NOT gonna read through all 3000+ posts.
    Does anyone know what all the hoo-haa is about ?

Does anyone here know the brand ?
    If so, do tell !

Thanx
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Are we as an Amp Forum behind the times ?

Never heard of them.

Comment

mLPF is the only place I ever hear about Phaez Amps. I assume it's a small builder for frequents that forum. I've seen them tried to start a few threads on TGP, but they never really amount to much.

I'd know more, but I've never actually opened any threads on that amp.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
        mLPF is the only place I ever hear about Phaez Amps. I assume it's a small builder for frequents that forum. I've seen them tried to start a few threads on TGP, but they never really amount to much.

I'd know more, but I've never actually opened any threads on that amp.
        I think it is a Canadian Co.
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

I'm a fan of amps.

LA Amp Show 07
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

LA Amp Show 08
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Bogner Tour

65 Amps Tour
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The guy makes tasty amps for sure. They look a little homebrewed but they get the job done. I have owned one in the past. Had to sell mine to cover the rent...

Will be buying a daisycutter w/ the lightning channel (aka the "winona") in the near future. He has a model that's suppose be a silver jubilee. Haven't heard it yet, but I'd really interested in one.

Last edited by Got_tone?; 09-06-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

I think the SDUGF's members mainly search among the most popular amp brands.. What's special about us, is that we're highly focused on finding our sound through pickups and if possible, alterations of these.

TGP is very focused on amps and pedals to achieve their sounds. I'd probably not find my Hayseed amp if it wasn't for this forum.

Being a part of a forum puts you right in the chase after the sounds in the same manner as your peers. You're seeking acknowledge from your forum friends, and so you assimilate. The result is that TGP is going further into obscure amp brands, and SDUGF into the science of pickups. To put it to the extremes..

Not sure about the Les Paul forum, but yeah, forum's tend to support their well-regarded members very good... This1smyne from TGP is another example...
              My Soundclick

Comment

I can safely say I'm behind the times on nearly everything including amps, yes.

Comment

no, but full of useless threads.

Comment

Glad to see there are a few that actually know this very unknow (to me at least) amp maker who seems to have a run away sucsess at such a popular forum.

Comment

ive heard of them but never seen or tried one in person. they look beautiful though

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                        I think a lot of this boutique amp stuff is "What can i buy that sounds like a Marshall, but costs 5x a much and has a 6 month waiting list?".
                        x2, LOL

but that Lightningcutter demo sounded fawesome
                        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mattt
                          I think a lot of this boutique amp stuff is "What can i buy that sounds like a Marshall, but costs 5x a much and has a 6 month waiting list?".
                          It kinda grows old once you realize that the standard production stuff is just as good or better and less expensive (generally). I've owned some boutique stuff that was pretty subpar. However, I can plug into something like my Vox amp and just smile because it kicks the **** out of amps twice the price like Bad Cats. There's a reason why I spend a lot more time here than on other forums. People like to talk a lot, but if you have actually played through it all you can see that there's a lot of hype. There are a few companies making really great stuff, but a lot is more about status than tone.
                          Last edited by That90'sGuy; 09-06-2011, 03:55 PM.
                          Originally posted by kevlar3000
                          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                          Originally posted by Zerberus
                          Better is often the enemy of good
                          Originally posted by ginormous
                          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

If we are behind the times, probably due to being more into vintage? Painting with a broad brush on that one.

Someone else hit it. By the time you've gotten to tweaking your pickups, you're probably pretty set on what amps you like.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                              If we are behind the times, probably due to being more into vintage? Painting with a broad brush on that one.

Someone else hit it. By the time you've gotten to tweaking your pickups, you're probably pretty set on what amps you like.
                              Well, maybe. I'm sure there're still more than a few of those guys (on the MLP forum??? IMAGINE THAT!!) who absolutely demand that their Marshall, Fender, and Vox clones are built by hand on a breadboard in a garage before they're dunked in authentic, down-home, Louisiana fryer grease and Tabasco. Anything less is unacceptable.

You're right, however ranty that sounded. I don't go shopping for amps anymore because I LOVE my Metaltronix, no matter how stupid it looks.
                              Last edited by formula73; 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X