NPD and NAD...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD and NAD...

I got my Hot Rod Deville back from the tech today... $200... Dang! It sounds good though. I like it.

I like the tone of it... but I think I like the sound of the pro junior better. Maybe I'm just a small amp kinda guy. Don't get me wrong I think it sounds good and I would be happy gigging with it (and probably will). It is definitely more versatile than the PJ which is probably why I'll gig with this amp but the basic tone of the amps... I like the PJ better.

And my new pedal... I have been wanting a treble booster for a while but didn't have the funds... I did a search on ebay and there was a guy selling this for a really nice price...

The overdrive on it sounds kinda meh... I don't like the normal overdrive, the EQ is really flat and there is no balls... however the treble booster side.... freaking love it... it sounds great!! I don't know how close it is to a real treble booster but it sounds really good. I got some early gallagher tones... some black sabbath (he used a treble booster NOT A FUZZ, thanks lol), some cool Bluesbreaker Eric Clapton tones... I really like this pedal and I see it being with me for a long time!!!
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: NPD and NAD...

for next time you need the tech...
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
      http://www.justinholton.com/hotrod/
      for next time you need the tech...
      I tried everything I could. Believe me man.

Comment

The pro jr is so different to me. The HRD is for when you want that bigger "clean with a little breakup" but at high volume. The pro jr probably records easier, and has rich harmonics, some compression, and some mids. A good amp to crank and play lead on.

So how do you feel about the drive channel so far? Some people never find it to amount to much. Some people are just fine with it.

Comment

what was wrong with the deville?

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
            So how do you feel about the drive channel so far? Some people never find it to amount to much. Some people are just fine with it.
            My favorite part of the amp is the drive channel. I can see myself using it a lot and with the treble booster in front it only adds to harmonics and richness. It has a really cool light gain blues sound on it. People always say the more drive was muddy and unusable but so far I've gotten a lot of cool sounds out of it. It's not the greatest heavy drive in the world but it's not horrible like I was expecting... I could use that for some gary moore type stuff.

The clean channel is kinda whatever to me. It hasn't really impressed me that much but it seems decent. I put some pedals in front of it and it sounded good. I was going to play with it a little more later on though.

I wasn't expecting much from the reverb but it's actually kinda nice. I won't really use it a lot but I can get that surf-y sound from it.

Comment

Working...
            X