Two steps closer... Pedal board additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two steps closer... Pedal board additions

I'm taking an abnormally long time to build an absolutely average pedal board. But so far I'm happy with the results.

I just added 2 new pedals.

Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress.
    Aside from such a big footprint I am digging it. Great for a really subtle flange effect. Considering sending it off to Howard Davis for some mods. Unless anyone has other recommendations.
    The big deal would be modding it so that the volume drop isn't so pronounced when engaged.

Morley Little Alligator
    I was on the fence about whether or not to pick up this or an EB. I found one locally for $20 so I snagged it. I read that it wasn't good for volume swells but I disagree. I do wish the sweep was more gradual but it works.
    Anyone know how to adjust the sweep?

As it stands my current setup is
    MIM Strat > Boss TU2 > Little Alligator > Dunlop Crybaby Classic > Fulltone Fulldrive 2 > Electric Mistress > Boss DD20 > AC15C1

I plan to add a compressor and a second dirt pedal. Verdict is still out on what I want though.

Compressor may be Keeley 2 knob or the SD Comp. Two different animals I know.
    As far as the other... I'm looking for something gainier. More Marshall than metal.
    Considering a Fulltone GT500 or Plimsoul.

Down the road I will swap Wahs but that's super low priority.

May swap out reverb tanks on the AC15. I'm not crazy about the onboard reverb but then again I don't use it that much. I don't care to devote board space to a reverb pedal.

The only other minor additions will be the optional tap tempo for DD20 and 2 button switch for the amp.

After that it is the choice to build or buy a pedalboard. Plenty of threads available. Not looking for a discussion on that point.

I've got all my essentials. I don't see me adding too much else. Just an update. Open to recommendations on other pedals to check out or critiques. I will post a pic once I have the whole gang together.
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Re: Two steps closer... Pedal board additions

isnt the dd20 nut busting?

Comment

I love it. I've had it for awhile. Just recently went through and started to edit all my memory banks. Got used to the same settings all the time. Kinda forgot just how much it could do. It is way more pedal than I need but I won't ever get rid of it.

Comment

May swap out reverb tanks on the AC15. I'm not crazy about the onboard reverb but then again I don't use it that much. I don't care to devote board space to a reverb pedal.
        The reverb was changed out of my brothers AC15C1 and it sounds a lot better EQ mods were done as well which made the tone better but I thought it didnt have as much eq range then. The normal channel on that amp is (at least with bright guitars) really nice.
        Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

Do us all a favor and build a pedalboard for your pedals that is the most awesome thing there is and market it so others can have one. I'm tired of all the shoddy ones on the market.
          Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

Originally posted by James Rock View Post
            The reverb was changed out of my brothers AC15C1 and it sounds a lot better EQ mods were done as well which made the tone better but I thought it didnt have as much eq range then. The normal channel on that amp is (at least with bright guitars) really nice.
            What kind did he replace it with?

I'm ok to try the reverb tank but I'm not handy enough to get into anything too intensive.

Comment

It was this kit but I think there was also just the reverb.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X