Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovepedal AMP 11

Hi Guys,

Got the pedal this weekend. The only reason I bought it was to try it out. Especially because it is supposed to sound like a Tim/Timmy both of which I already have and love.

It does not sound like a Tim/Timmy at all... This whole internet thing is just BS... Its topology might be similar, still the result is not... Anyways, it turns out to be quite like a Box of Rock actually. Quite a nice pedal. Sorta sounds like a thick Marshall (without this JCM800 type of scream though) which surprised me in a very pleasant way. Has less gain than a Xotic BB+, but is close.

Its bass tone control is quite effective... The boost side (which can be activated only when the real side of the pedal is on) is quite useful... Liked it.

I liked it more than Box of Rock actually. That was a bit too flubby for me, lacked mids and all (with a blues jr.). So I sold mine, but this one is a keeper.

If you were to see one for cheap, make sure to check it out.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: Lovepedal AMP 11

Interesting!

Might have to look into that...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Guys,

Have been using this sucker for a while now. And in fact, I think that it is quite a good pedal. Better than Box of Rock, better than many Marshall in a box kinda pedals.

Just wanted to share...

B

Comment

It's interesting - I've never heard it compared to a Timmy. I'm not sure why anyone would do that. Then again, I don't hang out on that other forum.

I've been looking at one to cover Fulldrive II sort of territory - light, hazy OD with more openness and sparkle than a TS. Will it do that?

Comment

now youre not helping dammit!

Comment

Gee thanks Doc! ;o) But all kidding aside,thx for posting.
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

only if you had mushrooms for breafast

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post

I've been looking at one to cover Fulldrive II sort of territory - light, hazy OD with more openness and sparkle than a TS. Will it do that?
                why not just get a fulldrive?
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  now youre not helping dammit!

B

Comment

Originally posted by ParameterMan View Post
                    It's interesting - I've never heard it compared to a Timmy. I'm not sure why anyone would do that. Then again, I don't hang out on that other forum.

Do a search. Trust me, you'd be surprised.

B

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                      why not just get a fulldrive?
                      Because I'm not looking for a pedal that sounds like a Fulldrive but isn't. That would be ridiculous. I'm looking for a pedal in that sort of territory, the Fulldrive being an example of what I want even though it's got it's own thing going on. I still haven't found something that's exactly what I want though I have found a lot of cool pedals that I could certainly learn to live with.

Comment

you ever played a catalinbread DLS...how does it compare to that?
                        Originally posted by jeremy
                        God hates bad guitar tone
                        GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                        AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                        EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                        Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

This pedal sounds like something I need to look into. I'm finding the Distortron sucks a bit too much mids out with the Class5. I can still dial in some great tones with the output level high & gain low, (opposite way it gets too squishy compressed/fake sounding on the C5) , but I would prefer something a tad bit "thicker" like the amp sounds all by it's lonesome.
                          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                            you ever played a catalinbread DLS...how does it compare to that?
                            Have tried one... Yet, not long enough to be able to state some comparison for you guys. It was quite a good pedal though. But I have to confess that I did not buy one ...

B

Comment

Mailman just delivered a package. Lovepedal AMP 11 inside!
                              Amazing pedal....can be used in many ways, stacked as a clean boost
                              following my Lovepedal Superlead is monstrous! I recently had a Les Luis
                              which sounded great but this one is the keeper, smooth and gritty.... it finally bumped the Boss OD-3 off my board!
                              Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Working...
                              X