NSD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSD!

My 1961 Jensen P12Q finally arrived today! I installed it into my 5E3 and... WOW! The difference was immediately apparent. First, the speaker is in amazing shape for being 50 years old. In fact, if it weren't for the old solder on the connection tabs, I'd be hard pressed to tell if it were even used at all.

The tone... smooth! The breakup is warm and doesn't have the weird compressed vibe that the former RI Jensen C12Q has. This is especially evident in the low end.

This speaker is also noticeably louder than the stock speaker - despite there being only a 5 watt difference between the two in their power ratings.

It just sounds more "authentic" - which is understandable since these were the actual speakers used in the original amps from the 50's.

A photo, for your viewing pleasure:

-
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Re: NSD!

HOLY SHIIZ. Too awesome. At first I was like "oh it's a reissue how can he be so impressed" then I actually read the whole post.

Comment

^ haha! The funny part is that this actually cost less than the price of the RI. I kid you not, it looks brand new.

Apparently the black basket from this era means it came out of an organ.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Sweet!

You know I love old speakers!
        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

i like the p12q alot. the new jensens arent what the old ones were.

oh... and power handling has nothing to do with how loud a speaker is. a 10w speaker can be louder than a 100w given the same signal. its all about efficiency which is independant of power handling

Comment

Nice ! Enjoy it !

Where did you dig that one up ?

me=Jensen fan

Comment

Working...
            X