X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Out for Delivery"

Maybe the most frustrating words ever!
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Re: "Out for Delivery"

****ing tease
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

So it's now shifted to delivered, but I'm at work and can't go home and play with it so I'll share videos.

I have two new toys that are delivered today.

One is to replace my stolen Fulldrive:

The other is to replace my stolen DLS Echotap:

Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 09-14-2011, 03:38 PM.
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

BTDT many times. Worst was after two weeks of waiting for my XTC. But luckily, once they're listed as "out for delivery" -- at least you know that your waiting has been whittled down to < a day.
        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Re: &quot;Out for Delivery&quot;

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret View Post
          Maybe the most frustrating words ever!
          That would be "oh no, it's gone!"

Man, you've had some bad luck with thieves.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I remember once I had a package marked "out for delivery" on a Friday morning and they hadn't even put it on the truck! Waited late at work for the package to show up too. Came on Monday. Bastards.
            "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

Congrats on the El Capistan. That thing, along with everything else Strymon makes, looks really, really cool.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Sat around and played with the Fulltone and El Cap last night. Couldn't turn the amp up much (was using my VHT Special 6..even at 3 watts, folks were trying to sleep) so I didn't get to really hear the Fulltone though I have to admit it sounds different than my non-mosfet, even on the setting that is supposed to sound just like it. Will take a little getting used to.

The Cap will take MAJOR getting used to! That thing is so versatile and can do so many things my old delay couldn't do. I'm gonna have to spend some serious quality time with it before I feel confident taking it on a gig but the sounds are all great!

Can't wait to crank it up a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                  That would be "oh no, it's gone!"

Man, you've had some bad luck with thieves.
                  This most recent walk off is partly my fault, which is why I'm not so angry about it. Yes, I lost my most used pedals, but I played 5 gigs in 3 days over the course of a festival and didn't use my pedalboard but for one of them, but always had it with me. At some point, I just didn't pick it back up either completely forgetting it or thinking I had left it in the car since I had not been using it.

So while yes, someone walked off with my pedals, I am at least 75% to blame for their disappearance. It's sad, but it gave me a great excuse to get the El Capistan!

Comment

Working...
                  X