X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender EC amps

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
    I saw the prices at $2200.00 to $2999.00
    Yeah screw that...My early Marshall and my BF 66 Pro Reverb rule! ;o)
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
      jeebus.

I love Buddy Guy, I really do. He was the first old school blues player I got into as a young kid..most get into one of the Kings, but Buddy's style was where it was at for me at the time. I will love his playing and attitude til the end of my days here on earth......

But he can make anything sound like an icepick to the eardrum, and always has. That demo was awful.
      If I heard that without knowing it was Buddy Guy, I would have said, "that was terrible - that guy sucks."
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
        If I heard that without knowing it was Buddy Guy, I would have said, "that was terrible - that guy sucks."
        Well, as much as I hate to say, IMO Buddy has kinda been "losing it" over the last several years. I mean he's still got it when he needs it, but he's not on top of his game. Hell I hope I can just go a few minutes without pissing myself at that age, let alone playing on stage.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Expensive!

I wasn't very hopeful to start with, but still was hoping something around 1.5K.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Fender EC amps

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
            Signature amps now? Ugh.

How many people under 30 actually even know who Eric Clapton is? To me, he's like Sting - Did his best work back when he was young and with great bands, but ever since has slipped into and even defined the "Adult Contemporary" genre. Now he's just signature whoring his name out. He's had a signature Strat for ages, then he's got a signature Les Paul, and now Fender amps? And not just ONE amp, but an entire line of them! Give me a break.
            Anyone who has ANY self-worth.
            Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
            Originally posted by jcthejester13
            I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

I found this......

PRESS RELEASE: Each is a specific variation based on three classic Fender tweed tube amps of the 1950s - the '57 Twin, '57 Deluxe and the '57 Champ. Clapton has frequently favored these original amps for specific sounds at various points throughout his amazingly varied career, and the new EC Series amps represent both reverence for his musical legacy and the finest in Fender guitar amp craftsmanship.

All three amps are handmade in the United States, with interesting mods under the hood specified by Clapton himself. These include a '50s-era output tube bias tremolo circuit (which produces a more throbbing pulse than later Fender tremolo circuits) and a switchable power attenuator that reduces speaker output (and can disable one speaker in EC Twinolux for even lower output).

The 2x12" EC Twinolux, 1x12" EC Tremolux and 1x8" EC Vibro-Champ are single-channel amps with high-gain and low-gain inputs, hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet boards with premium components, custom transformers, and premium tubes and speakers.

The EC Tremolux has fixed bias for increased headroom and an internal speaker disconnect that allows use of an external 8-ohm speaker enclosure. The EC Vibro-Champ has an internal speaker disconnect that allows use of an external 4-ohm speaker enclosure, and a footswitch jack for an optional tremolo footswitch.

All three EC Series amps have a cosmetic treatment that elegantly befits an artist of Clapton's stature. Each is ruggedly built with a finger-joined solid pine enclosure, and each authentically evokes Fender's original 1950s golden era with lacquered tweed covering, vintage-style brown/gold grille cloth and a leather strap handle.

And in the most outwardly visible personal touch, each amp bears an "EC Series" badge at front lower right and Clapton's signature on the control panel. Each amp also includes a deluxe fitted cover.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

the coolest part to me is the switch on the twinolux.

full power 2 speakers/ half power 2 speakers/ half power 1 speaker

Comment

When I was 18, I wanted an Eric Clapton Strat ever since I played one and heard the mid boost. Eventually, maybe 5 years ago, I was able to pick up a used 1999 Clapton Strat.

I'll be buying one of these amps once they hit the used market

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                    When I was 18, I wanted an Eric Clapton Strat ever since I played one and heard the mid boost. Eventually, maybe 5 years ago, I was able to pick up a used 1999 Clapton Strat.

I'll be buying one of these amps once they hit the used market
                    I'm with you there! I was 13 when they hit the market in `89 and wanted one ever since. Picked one up about 4 years ago. Love `em. Only bad thing is the small frets, but I deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X