Simple Stomp Box Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Stomp Box Question

Do you guys make a box that switches between clean and dirty without having to adjust volume and/or gain each time ?

Thank You,
    Alan

Re: Simple Stomp Box Question

Who are you asking the question to?

What do you want it to do?

Your question is rather confusing.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

isnt that what all drive/fuzz/dist pedals are for?
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

As you turn the gain up on a lot of drive pedals, the volume - or at least the perception of volume - increases. That is what the level control is for, to adjust the level relative to your volume without the pedal engaged.

Comment

This is amazing. I love it.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by alansublett View Post
            Do you guys make a box that switches between clean and dirty without having to adjust volume and/or gain each time ?

Thank You,
            Alan
            They sort of do. The Lava box has a six position switch on their Lava Box that should get darker and dirtier w/o xing the volume/gain. I think.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

wait, so you want a stompbox with a clean channel?

Every dirtbox I can think of has one of those, it's called "the off position"
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

i think the goal is to find a pedal that he doesn't have to adjust the knobs to make it sound good.

like he has to adjust the volume and gain every time he turns it on...well um find the sound you like and leave it there man!
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I'm thinking a more simpler answer is in order.

But the Twin Tube Classic. Two channels, both channels have volume controls and gain controls. If all else fails, you don't even have to turn it on.
                  "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                  "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                  "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                  "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Working...
                  X