Running full stack today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running full stack today

So, have not been here for while .... so we are a trio now, which means of course I have a perfect excuse to run a full stack so just want confirm on the ohmage thing, select 16 on the amp and 8 on the each 4X12 correct? ... its gonna get hairy, JCM900 1960A with G1275Ts and Slanted Ultra with Shefields ..
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: Running full stack today

The amp output is in parallel so if you have two 8 ohm parallel loads, your total load is 4 ohms...that's your setting.
    Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by glassman View Post
      The amp output is in parallel so if you have two 8 ohm parallel loads, your total load is 4 ohms...that's your setting.
      So two cabs on 8 and amp on 4 ?
      Last edited by Dr.Mavashi; 09-19-2011, 06:13 PM.
      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
        So two cabs on 8 and amp on 4 ?

Correct.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Running two 16 ohm cabs require an 8 ohm amp impedance setting....
          That 1960A and Peavey 4x12 should each be 16 ohm mono.
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Has anyone used a full stack but at differen sides of the stage, that is on both sides of the drummer ? Is it too much of a speaker cable length ?
            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Sometimes i run a 115 on each side of the drummer, other times I stack em up, but you only need like 10-12' of cable...
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Has anyone used a full stack but at differen sides of the stage, that is on both sides of the drummer ? Is it too much of a speaker cable length ?
                Not a full stack, but a split. Works just fine. Hey, you run cables from your power amps to your mains that are much longer than 20 feet. Or at least I do..
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Christ. What size is the venue?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                    Who cares? It's only rock & roll!

Most of the time I just use a 4X12. But once in a while I'll go with two of them (outdoors mostly). And next summer I may haul out the full Marshall stack AND the full Bogner stack (stereo or slaved) for select outdoor gigs. It's fun to do it once in a while... but I wouldn't do it very often without roadies and enough stage room... LOL.
                    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I used to run two Marshall 1960s split like that at every outdoor gig. But I was rarely mic'd with that band, so I had to get my sound out there somehow.
                      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

yep, por lo general around here if you're mic'd and you're not playing a super large venue, you're probably playing somewhere people wanna talk and eat/drink while they listen to you.

Some bands just don't fit in that background music niche--sometimes i wish they did cause usually that pays more, but a heavy band using dirt pedals into deluxe reverbs on "3" in a restaurant would be... ridiculous
                        Originally posted by gibson175
                        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Some bands just don't fit in that background music niche--sometimes i wish they did cause usually that pays more, but a heavy band using dirt pedals into deluxe reverbs on "3" in a restaurant would be... ridiculous
                          When I read this I imagined how ridiculous someone like Def leppard or Motley Crue or even Thin Lizzy would be playing in a small pub where people want to talk and eat especially through class 5 marshalls or something small
                          Gondola Kid
                          Bandcamp
                          Facebook
                          JimijaymesGuitarist
                          Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                            Its about 500 people I think space wise, capacity says 700 but i just cant imagine that many, great venue in the middle of San Fran, old building, all wood, great sound ... stage is small, but the vibe is awesome.
                            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

The place is that nice, but they don't have microphones?

I fully understand the desire...but just know that it is absolutely ridiculous, and the only thing you will accomplish is making your band sound terrible.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X