Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck On That Punks!!!!!!

Re: Suck On That Punks!!!!!!

I understand he got this VH1 tone with a Univox amp, a Fuzz face, and Fender Jazzmaster with an overwound schaller Hot stuff pickup.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Let me tell you one thing about this..it was ED's genius ..and he used a Boogie bodies hard Ash Strat wiht the SuperD/Seymour Duncan 78 rewound pickup through a Holy Grail G12M 20 Marhsall Cabinet mixed with a JBLD120 cabinet for distortion/Cleans ( think modern G12/65), with an old Superlead hardwried Marshall 100 watt amp Eq'd by Templeman with a Variac to bring it to the point of Meltdown. Noone can do that anymore- the cost is prohibitive...Damn I'm pumped.
      Noone could ever hope to replicate it, only approximate it.
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 09-20-2011, 09:00 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        he used a Boogie bodies hard Ash Strat wiht the SuperD/Seymour Duncan 78 rewound pickup through a Holy Grail G12M 20 Marhsall Cabinet mixed with a JBLD120 cabinet for distortion/Cleans ( think modern G12/65), with an old Superlead hardwried Marshall 100 watt amp Eq'd by Templeman with a Variac to bring it to the point of Meltdown..
        Nope, that is a bunch of BS, Jerry. I'm quite certain about his rig, as I specified above. You've been reading too many internet forum discussions.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

nah. we all know it was a fender champ and an old teisco del rey.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I thought it was a piano-accordian.
            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
            X