pedal emits no sound when turned on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedal emits no sound when turned on

just finishes building the musikding die factory, and i followed the directions exactly and went back and checked everything also, so when the effect is off there is sound, true bypass, but when i click it on i get nothing, the knobs seem to control nothing, i am using a power supply also

thanks
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Re: pedal emits no sound when turned on

This is an impossible problem to diagnose without seeing the insides of the pedal, and they must be good pics. Make sure your transistors are oriented in the circuit properly, all solder joints are done well, the controls pots are wired correctly, etc. There is a lot to go wrong in even the simplest pedals to make it not work...
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Firstly I'd be going to the website of the kit manufacturer - they often have an FAQ, or a forum or a troubleshooting section to help. A post just saying 'its not working' is really no help at all.

Comment

hey dude, i had a similar problem with my ts9 reissue. one day, it just stopped working. still lit up and all though.

turned out that the right pot rotated in it's cutout and one of the solder tabs was touching the case!

sometimes it's the little things.

my pedal sat for the better part of 2years b/c of this.

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
          just finishes building the musikding die factory, and i followed the directions exactly and went back and checked everything also, so when the effect is off there is sound, true bypass, but when i click it on i get nothing, the knobs seem to control nothing, i am using a power supply also

thanks
          use your multimeter and run it across every component and connection.
          Also, make sure all your caps and diodes are set up with correct polarity.
          Toubleshooting is time consuming and frustrating. best of luck.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

i recently had the same issue, due to killing the switch. propably i had the soldering iron
            a tad to hot
            i'd take a continuity tester and check if the switch does what it should.
            otherwise ask using musikding forum
            ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Working...
            X