Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: George L's cable issue

Originally posted by Mars Hall View Post
    ...This last time was weird though, the signal was still getting through but was diminished. I couldn't get any gain out of the amp. I was thinking a tube was crapping out. Then the cable went all the way out, I should of known.
    I am so happy to read this - the same thing was happening to me. My pedal board is wired with GeorgeL's exclusively, but this one connection was frequently doing what you described here. I was blaming the sound tech, or my amp, or what!? I couldn't figure it out. Finally in frustration I replaced the cable with another GeorgeL - problem fixed.
    I've made many GeorgeL cables and this is the only one that has ever failed me. I'm going to try the fix you got from George's daughter - makes sense to me.
    Rick
    (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
    Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

Gotta get out a blade and do mine over.Thank you

Comment

Sometime ago, I also used to use George-L’s….

However, I moved on to Zaolla G-series instrument cables and Lava silver wire right-angle plugs.

Much more expensive (US$ 34~35 per 6 and/or 11 inch patch cord) but well worth the money.

You can find these custom made on the internet.
        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Working...
        X