Anyone know anything about this amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about this amp?

It was apparently designed by Bruce Zinky and is sold under the Supro label. Seems like a really interesting tube amplifier (designed for clean headroom for use with pedalboards). I can't seem to find a review, price, or video anywhere about it.
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Re: Anyone know anything about this amp?

Sure looks the business!
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

What do you want to know?

Bruce is a monster anp designer but that amp has nothing in common with old Supro amps at all.

Its a high headroom (for a 60 watt amp) amp built as a pedal platform...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I'm curious about the "reverse compression" I have no idea what that means? Does it expand the dynamic range of the guitar somehow?
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer View Post
          I'm curious about the "reverse compression" I have no idea what that means? Does it expand the dynamic range of the guitar somehow?
          I dunno...sorry.

Call Bruce, he's a great guy and very helpful...I'm sure he'd tell you anything you want to know!

928-522-0800
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X