banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Jones bass amps - anyone tried one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Jones bass amps - anyone tried one?

I'm currently toying with the idea of selling my 300w trace combo and getting something more suitable for some one who only plays at home and for recording.
    There are assorted people I could borrow an amp from if I need one in a hurry.

Anyway, the amp I've been looking into is a Phil Jones Bass cub as it's small, light, portable and, if the blurb is to be believed, great sounding.

Not very cheap for the size but not totally stupid money.

Anyone tried any phil jones gear?

Is it any good?

Obviously it's one of those things you try before you buy but there isn't one in my local store atm and I don't to drive all over the place to find out I'm wasting my time.
    It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Re: Phil Jones bass amps - anyone tried one?

Yep, got a brief case combo and it's ideal for home and recording. It's also been used for quieter, more intimate garden party type gigs and is great with an electro acoustic.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
      Yep, got a brief case combo and it's ideal for home and recording. It's also been used for quieter, more intimate garden party type gigs and is great with an electro acoustic.
      So those little tiny speakers still produce a good tone then?
      It's a valve sporker... it sporks valves

Comment

Yes they sound great for recording and low volume jams, but if you turn up too loud they will fart out. But I used to have a Eden 2 x 10 cab that I'd let our bass player use it through and it sounded great ... very professional. You can buy a battery pack too and use it for busking etc, it has a built in comp and a switch for passive/ live pick ups and a D.I output. And as I say, sounds really sweet with an electro 6 string too. I love mine. You are welcome to try it if you are up Birmingham/ West Brom way anythime.

Comment

Working...
        X