Celtic Aislinn 45 (Tweed Bassman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtic Aislinn 45 (Tweed Bassman)

Comments from the new owner. this is why I do it.

Hey Scott .I received the amp. I did a side by side test with my '66 Pro reverb and my '65 vibrolux reverb.It blew them away. I didn't know if anything could top my v-lux. The Celtic did it in spades. Great articulation ,incredibly responsive to picking attack, beautiful ,wide harmonic palette. In a word WOW! Thanks Scott. Xxxxxxxxxx

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Celtic Aislinn 45 (Tweed Bassman)

Looks like he likes tweed over blackface.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Haha. You're killing me man. no love from TGIF.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Sounds wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
          Haha. You're killing me man. no love from TGIF.
          Well I mean...look at his statement...

Look at it this way...if you only owned 2 guitars...a 1959 Les Paul and a 1964 ES-335 and I built you a parts Telecaster and you liked the Tele better does that mean that I built you a better guitar than 2 vintage Gibsons...no, it just means that you like Tele's over LP's or 335's...
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

CONGTRATZ on yet another happy customer Scott.

Maybe one day, i will become an amp builder too, but only for myself, as there are wayyy too many amps i want.
            Will not have time to build for 'other people' too.
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

it's too bad you have to sell em all, otherwise you;d have one of the most extensive amp collections i'd ever see
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                it's too bad you have to sell em all, otherwise you;d have one of the most extensive amp collections i'd ever see
                Yep, I own three Celtic amps and I am looking to buy another one!
                Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                  Well I mean...look at his statement...

Look at it this way...if you only owned 2 guitars...a 1959 Les Paul and a 1964 ES-335 and I built you a parts Telecaster and you liked the Tele better does that mean that I built you a better guitar than 2 vintage Gibsons...no, it just means that you like Tele's over LP's or 335's...
                  I'm just giving you a hard time. The tweeds the guy has played in the past never stacked up against his v-lux. (I always try and investigate and dig a bit deeper on guys and what amps they've tried. Heck, I send them to GC and Samash to try various amps out first before we pull the trigger. If someone is a blackface guy, I make sure they have an idea of what a tweed sounds like especially in person)

I'm just busting your balls back.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                    This is why I got started, exactly. My wife would divorce me if I owned 15 amps. So, I build one, play it for a while, get my jones fulfilled and then ship it out. You nailed it 100%.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                      CONGTRATZ on yet another happy customer Scott.

Maybe one day, i will become an amp builder too, but only for myself, as there are wayyy too many amps i want.
                      Will not have time to build for 'other people' too.
                      The place to start is a Tweed Deluxe kit from Bruce at Mission Amps. He provides the best overall package and the best support after the fact of any kit out there. Plus he's always available to talk you through goofy mistakes over the phone. He's seen it all and has probably built several thousand amps (well, at least hundreds and hundreds).

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I ordered parts tonight to build one for me. Lots of mojo in all those swirling tones. If I keep this one, something else has to go at that point.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Nice reading other people's positives when you build something awesome Scott....Glad to hear it!
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                          X