Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Picked Up Some Cool New Pedals

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
    I want a DL4, but all the web forum crap about dependability makes me nervous. The DD20 will do everything I want to do anyway, I think.

Love TAAS, you guys ever heard Harkonen or the TAAS/Harkonen split? Cool stuff... and Helms Alee.
    Does the DD-20 have a loop function and if so, how good is it?
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

It does, Kam or Steve can tell you more. I don't have one yet.

Comment

I want a DL4, but all the web forum crap about dependability makes me nervous. The DD20 will do everything I want to do anyway, I think.

Love TAAS, you guys ever heard Harkonen or the TAAS/Harkonen split? Cool stuff... and Helms Alee.
        Yes! Love Harkonen. Most of them Warshington bands, like the almighty Botch!

Comment

Botch, Daughters, TAAS, Harkonen, all of that. That's the weirdness I'm after. I guess its a DL4 I want, but as you said King IzzO))), the reliability worries me. I've seen a lot of them with the footswitches punched through the top. The DD-20 looks bomb proof, but I don't think it'll do what I want.
          "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_T View Post
            Botch, Daughters, TAAS, Harkonen, all of that. That's the weirdness I'm after. I guess its a DL4 I want, but as you said King IzzO))), the reliability worries me. I've seen a lot of them with the footswitches punched through the top. The DD-20 looks bomb proof, but I don't think it'll do what I want.
            They're hit or miss. My dl4s have had zero problems, and dont even have the volume drop issues. BUT I have seen a lot that do have all of the above. You can always have them modded if they do
            Last edited by SteveAlysis; 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

tell me the dd20 isnt the essential delay pedal. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jcthejester13 View Post
                My heart sheds tears of joy every time I know Kam is made happy.
                And, as usual, your weeping does nothing but excite and arouse me.

I picked up a Helms Alee record in a store here because I really liked the cover and the store only had one copy in stock (if a music shop here sees fit to order in more than one copy of something then it probably sucks) and it's one of the best impulse buys I've ever made. Seriously love that band.

Never heard of Harkonen, though. I'll check'em out, definitely.

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                Does the DD-20 have a loop function and if so, how good is it?
                It does have a loop function and it works very well for what it is. 22 seconds of loop time, tap to start recording, tap to finish and then record more layers over it as many times as you want by holding the switch down while you play and releasing it when you want to stop recording. It's very handy, it sounds good and it's very easy to use.

If I was looking specifically at the looper as the main feature, I would've got something else, though. Initially, I was leaning towards getting the DL4 instead, simply because the looper has a lot more funtions and I think it would be a better choice if you want a looper that also does delay. I went for the DD-20 because I decided that I'd rather have a dedicated delay AND a seperate dedicated looper. I'm happy with my decision.

My advice would be this:

If you want an awesome delay pedal that also has a decent loop function, then you'll be happy with the DD-20.

If you want a delay pedal but a good looper is just as high on your priority list, then go with the DL4.

If you want an awesome looper and it's higher on your priority list than an awesome delay, then go for seperate pedals for each function.

That's my two pennies, anyway.

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                tell me the dd20 isnt the essential delay pedal. I love mine.
                Yup, me too, man. Me too. I honestly couldn't be happier with it.
                Last edited by Kam; 10-13-2011, 01:47 PM.
                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Ben Verellen plays drums in Helms Alee played guitar and sang in Harkonen. He also makes amps. His brother Dave sang in Botch and sings in Narrows.

Narrows is cool too, especially if you liked Botch (Narrows isn't techy though). That band also has the bass player from Unbroken and Swing Kids, can't think of his name right now.

If you like that stuff have you ever checked out Kiss it Goodbye, Playing Enemy and Deadguy? That's my era. Keith Huckins is my guitar hero.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack peeps.

Comment

I'm definitely into Narrows. Anything with Dave Verellen screaming his guts out gets my vote.

Deadguy are great, I don't know Kiss it Goodbye or Playing Enemy, I'll have to check them out.
                    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Kiss it Goodbye was the band that Tim & Keith started with Thom and Andrew from Rorschach when they left Deadguy and moved to Seattle.

Keith "retired" and Damien from Undertow started playing guitar, then Tim "retired" and they became Playing Enemy, Damien did the vocals then. All similar stuff, though, you'll probably dig most of it.

Undertow was one of the "new school" hardcore bands in the era of Worlds Collide and Unbroken.

Rorschach's Protestant should be required listening.

Comment

Working...
                      X