banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need you guys' help on buying a new amp (JCM content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need you guys' help on buying a new amp (JCM content)

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    The stealth was designed by Lee Jackson another of the prominent Marshall modders. All these guys... Jose... Soldano... Egnater... Langer all started out by fixing what was lacking in your beloved JCM800. There are still many guys doing the same thing. Now while you may find everything you need in a stock 800 there is obviously a large number of people (atleast enough to support a cottage industry) that werent/arent satisfied with them.
    Wrong..they loved the JCM800, and they wanted it modified..totally different than wanting a different amp.
    By the way, the craze for modifying spawned the whole pedal generation that basically took care of the lack of gain issue.
    Again, the JCM 800 is beyond reproach for any reason or no reason.
    It oi THE best sounding amplifier post Superlead NMV era, period, and beyond that, one of the best amps period of any make or model ever..but please dont buy one..casue I'm lookig for another.
    PS..none of the new amps that claim to "do' the JCM800 sound as good IMO.
    If you want high gain, look elswhere, but dont disparage the mighty mighty JCM800.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Everyone has their own opinions. Unless it's forbidden in the Bible I'm just gonna go ahead and buy a DSL.
      I'm just here for the pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        Wrong..they loved the JCM800, and they wanted it modified..totally different than wanting a different amp.
        By the way, the craze for modifying spawned the whole pedal generation that basically took care of the lack of gain issue.
        It oi THE best sounding amplifier post Superlead NMV era, period, and beyond that, one of the best amps period of any make or model ever..but please dont buy one..casue I'm lookig for another.
        If you want high gain, look elswhere, but dont disparage the mighty mighty JCM800.
        THAT is truth!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          You have serious reading comprehension issues dont you? or is it just your troll side coming out again? Never did i say they wanted a different amp what i said was they werent satisfied with them. They wanted a jcm 800 sure... they wanted 800's that had more gain (and dont say they didnt cause every clown that you cite as a stock 800 user will have put an OD or boost on the front end for more) they wanted effects loops they wanted tighter bottom ends and top ends that werent fizzy. They wanted them to not buzz like a hornets nest when not playing through them, they wanted them to not mush out when played loud.

Yeah they wanted 800's alright they wanted them to do more than they could so modders gave that to them.

p.s if your looking for another I have an 83 horizontal input that the only mods on it are a swap from 6550 tubes to EL34 tubes I might be interested in parting with.
          Last edited by Edgecrusher; 10-14-2011, 11:43 PM.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
          X