Vitto Bratta,,Where is he

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitto Bratta,,Where is he

what ever happened to him,, He had one of the best guitar sounds I ever heard.
    Durango Guitar Works
    Short Scale Guitars

Re: Vitto Bratta,,Where is he

He became disillusioned with the music business and got out. Eddie Trunk talks about him on That Metal Show. Apparently he doesn't have much of a desire to get back in it.
    Originally posted by Ball&Chain
    Orange beer just doesnt taste near as good as red. Im sure you will find that in the bible somewhere.

Comment

he was a bad ass, but somehow a little different from the pack of his time. i like him much better than most of the players of that era.

Comment

I 've read that VB was severely injured in the hand when he was on the way of returning to white lion...
        He cannot play guitar anymore apart from some classic guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie13 View Post
          I 've read that VB was severely injured in the hand when he was on the way of returning to white lion...
          He cannot play guitar anymore apart from some classic guitar...
          Trunk didn't say anything about that. Thinking that is just urban legend

Comment

He is one of my favorite players, good tone, great chops, and excellent melodic sense. I miss his playing.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by tenniso View Post
              he was a bad ass, but somehow a little different from the pack of his time. i like him much better than most of the players of that era.
              Big +1.

I have not read all the posts, but I believe he has some kind of debilitating hand issues? I can relate
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
                Trunk didn't say anything about that. Thinking that is just urban legend
                I've heard this several times too. In addition to becoming disallusioned with the music buisness, he had a family member that was ill so he dissappeared from the spotlight to take care of the family member.

Comment

he is one of guitar idols......
                  Kiesel Aries Blood Red (M22SD/M22V)
                  ESP LTD KH Quija Red Sparkle
                  Friedman Be-OD Deluxe/AMT P-Drive, Boss RV-6 --> AMT Tube Cake --> 1x12" EVH Cab w/ Celestion Lynchback

Comment

Funny, the Radar Love video and guitar solo taught me how to two hand tap

Comment

I don't think the hand issue is true. I listened to a recent radio interview between him and either Eddie Trunk or Dee Snyder and it was never brought up. There was talk about him playing with some folks and recording though so who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. He's one of the best players from that era. His tone was awesome too.

Comment

Vito Bratta (b. July 1, 1961, Staten Island, New York) is the former lead guitarist and lead songwriter for the 1980s rock band White Lion from 1983 to 1992.[1]

Following the breakup of White Lion, Bratta produced an album for the band CPR on Atlantic Records. Bratta has not been involved in the music industry in any capacity since 1994. He is said to be currently living in his childhood house in Staten Island with his parents.

In 2003, Mike Tramp (former White Lion vocalist), attempted to reunite with Bratta but was unsuccessful. Tramp talked about Bratta in a 2007 interview with Anarchy Music, claiming Bratta was always quiet and distant and the rest of the band "hardly knew his birthday". Vito Bratta had not been heard from since 1994 until his interview by Eddie Trunk live on February 16, 2007. The following key points were revealed during the Eddie Trunk interview: Vito Bratta's father suffered through a 5 year illness, and this required a large amount of personal time and commitment on Vito's part, both emotionally and financially. In 1997 he injured his wrist while playing classical guitar and finds it painful to move his hand up and down the guitar neck; he manages to play nylon string guitars without too much discomfort. This injury seems to not be fully healed.

He has never ruled out a White Lion reunion; up until now they have been impossible due to family obligations and his wrist injury. In April 2007, Vito Bratta made his first public musical appearances in over 15 years, at both Friday and Saturday nights shows at the L'Amour Reunion Shows in New York.
                        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          I don't think the hand issue is true. I listened to a recent radio interview between him and either Eddie Trunk or Dee Snyder and it was never brought up. There was talk about him playing with some folks and recording though so who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. He's one of the best players from that era. His tone was awesome too.
                          From what I remember reading, his tone was the same as Skid Row. They had the same engineer or producer, who used the same preset on the ADA MP-1Preamp, I think I read they even used the same guitar, which was a Steinberger with an EMG81 wired directly to the output jack. The producer even used the same preset for Nuno Bettencourt

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                            From what I remember reading, his tone was the same as Skid Row. They had the same engineer or producer, who used the same preset on the ADA MP-1Preamp, I think I read they even used the same guitar, which was a Steinberger with an EMG81 wired directly to the output jack. The producer even used the same preset for Nuno Bettencourt
                            LOL. This does not surprise me at all. His tone on the first album was far better (goosed NMV & 800 marshalls).

I know the ADA MP1 was the "tone de jour" of the late 80s/early 90s with all the big boys but I absolutely hated the one I had. I'd rather play through a Rockman.
                            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                              I had heard about that too. Doesn't surprise me. Makes it easy to just go in, cut the tracks..... NEXT!!!

Goes to show the amount of studio magic and the players themselves affect the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X