Best Amp/ Cab For Old Muddy Blues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Amp/ Cab For Old Muddy Blues?

What amp and cab, or combo amp do you think is the greatest little blues machine? I have been feelin' the blues lately and it has got me thinking about that good ol' blues sort of sound. I have looked into quite a bit of amps that tout blues origins, but I pose the question of which amp speaks blues to you?
    Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
    I dig the wood!

Re: Best Amp/ Cab For Old Muddy Blues?

Well depends on what you hear when you say muddy blues, but I love me a little Vox or a little fender to get that just a little dirty blues tone. Either a nice little Pro Jr or Blues Jr, or something like a Vox AC4TV or Vox AC15, and I just hit it with a strat, neck pickup. That usually gets me going.

But if I had to pick, Vox AC4TV, just caus it's easy to get just enough breakup. If you need more power, AC15.
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Cheap older small tube amp combo. Most of the real old Blues was played by very poor people who couldn't afford a very expensive amp or guitar..thats the muddy blues sound.
      Wheres Agile Guy to hate on me for saying this?
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

tweed champ

Comment

or a tweed deluxe
          ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
            Cheap older small tube amp combo. Most of the real old Blues was played by very poor people who couldn't afford a very expensive amp or guitar..thats the muddy blues sound.
            Wheres Agile Guy to hate on me for saying this?
            I love watching those Ol' Miss blues players rocking out on an old Teisco or Harmony with a slide on their ring finger, playing through an old beat up tube amp.
            Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
            I dig the wood!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              tweed champ
              Originally posted by Baltar View Post
              or a tweed deluxe
              +1000
              -
              My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

blues is a feeling and a style of playing. You cannot buy it. I reckon players sometimes get too hung up on gear that is considered "correct". There is gear that was used historically, and there is gear that allows you to express yourself the way you want to. They are not always the same thing.
                The old cliche rings true that "its not what you play. Its how you play it".
                Last edited by Chickenwings; 10-15-2011, 06:50 AM.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Straight into the board if recording. Champ or similar (sub-15W, sub-12-in speaker).
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Yogi Berra was correct.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X