unusual marshall combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unusual marshall combo

anyone have any firsthand experience? if not, anyone know if it's decent, reliable, etc?

Re: unusual marshall combo

Not unusual at all...it's just a 2204 head in a 1x12 combo.

Most of them had a G12-65 speaker in them and that one has over and under inputs making it a little older and IMO a little better built in terms of quality.

They are a hair on the bright side and the 1x12 combo format adds to hat but all in all good amps that with a littel tweaking and good tubes can be great amps!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

if the price is right it could be a good combo to grab... i've heard many say the early 800 combos didn't sound as good as the head versions but that depends on who you talk to... i have a tech that tells me to stay away the 800 combos that have a single imput in the front.... this one in your photo has both the high and low imput so whatever that tech was talking about does not come into play here...

i remember Alex Lifeson having 800 combo's in his early 80's rigs and everytime i hear my 2204 i hear Rush tones from that era... lol

Comment

Yep, 2204 in a combo format. Later versions mostly had the 70 watters- if you can find one with 65s, definitely grab it. The 70s are not very good in a open back IMO, though I cannot say I love them in a closed back either.

also check the tubes- they are 6550s likely if the amp came via stateside. I much prefer the sound of 800s with EL34s.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Yep, the model 4010. Out of all the Marshalls I ever owned, THAT's the one I kick myself over selling. Big monster hidden in a little box.

Is that the exact amp you're considering? If so, it's the earlier, more desireable vertical-input-jack model. Want.
          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
          Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
          X