MXR 10 band npd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR 10 band npd

I have been seeking something to make my marshall evil. Well this does it and a host of other things! I love the lower noise than any od pedal and the more control I have. I just set it for a slight frown curve and bam it's awesome.

Another neat trick is how I can get a ridiculously clean tone out of my 800 if i drop all the levels and push the highs and the lows a hair. Awesome.

Got it out the door for 97 bucks too new.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: MXR 10 band npd

Just got one myself off the Trading Post. ($55 shipped!) Haven't played with it a lot but I dig the level of control it gives me. Trying to find the right place in the chain for it.
    Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

I know mine will be useful, even if not how I planned. I can at least brag for now I use no overdrives! So far I crank the 'sub' slider and dip the other bass frenquencies. Everything else is a frown. I get some evil chunk this way!
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

In the effects loop.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I picked up one of these last nite,after trying out a Fish &Chips.Figured it was a cheap experiment and it works preety well. Helped alot with the tone I get from my PG set and some of the Hi treble ,I can get rid of most of it and retain or should I say create kind of a sweet treble not harsh. Just ran it after the OD's in the chain. Have to try it in the loop. MXR should give me even more tweakability.

Comment

I use the same pedal in the effects loop of my Vox Valvetronix VTH 120 head...Works great..The british styled presets greatly benefit from the eq.
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

yeah, the 10 band makes my JCM800 or splawn much more
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                yeah, the 10 band makes my JCM800 or splawn much more
                I still keep meaning to try 1 out with my Splawn at your recommendation, can't find 1 to try before I buy though

Comment

I was playing with mine on lunch break today. Peavey T-15 > EQ > Vox AC4. That was a lot of fun. Was able to beef up what I typically find to be a thin and brittle tone.

The T-15 has some nice Tele-ish tones and the AC4 is a classy little lunch box with Vox charm.

I love the pedal as both a solo boost and a tone shaper. Not certain what it's final function will be. No FX loop on any of my amps or I'd give it a shot there.
                  Myspace,GoodbyeJune Myspace

Comment

Working...
                  X