Vox 846HW Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox 846HW Wah

Did I miss something? Has someone seen these?

Originally posted by Vox Site
    The legendary V846 is back, and it’s better than ever. Introducing the V846-HW: The ultimate Wah Wah pedal for the tone enthusiast, featuring hand-wired turret board construction and premium components.
    Wonder if they are worth anything. Wonder if the pot is worth a crap, and is orderable as a replacement.

Originally posted by Vox Site
    The potentiometer is a VOX original that features a distinctive response, and is sealed for durability. Thanks to a remarkably smooth curve, the region at the very beginning of the pedal's travel – a region difficult for conventional Wah Wah pedals – is assured sensitive response with an unprecedentedly fine degree of control.
    * A premium rebirth of the classic VOX 846 Wah Wah.
    * The pedal that continues to be loved by legendary guitarists around the world
    * Hand-wired turret board construction uses absolutely no printed circuit boards
    * True bypass circuit eliminates loss in audio quality when bypassed
    * Vintage spec Halo type inductors reproduce the distinctive sound of the classic V846
    * New VOX potentiometer design provides precise control and excellent reliability
    * Low-noise carbon composite resistors (made in Japan by KAMAYA ELECTRIC CO., LTD)
    * High-quality polyester film capacitors
    * Foot switch made by Carling Technology, chosen for its durability and unbeatable feel underfoot
    * Solid and trustworthy jacks made by Switchcraft®
    Originally posted by MikeS
    a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
    whats becoming of this generation
    We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Re: Vox 846HW Wah

Looks like a cool wah...

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Do want......but couldn't they've put a DC jack in the side to power it? Too much to ask?
      Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
      "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Originally posted by metlking View Post
        Do want......but couldn't they've put a DC jack in the side to power it? Too much to ask?
        Probably gonna be a pricey sob! I'll say over $200...
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
          Probably gonna be a pricey sob! I'll say over $200...
          True! I'd rather buy a used Dunlop.......and send it to you from what I've heard!
          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

There has been a little talk about this for a few months now.

List is $329, street is $199...if they realyl sound like the clips I;ve head I'd. buy one!

The 846 is a GREAT wah and the clips of the 846HW are really good and pretty close to the original 846's I've heard.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              There has been a little talk about this for a few months now.

List is $329, street is $199...if they realyl sound like the clips I;ve head I'd. buy one!

The 846 is a GREAT wah and the clips of the 846HW are really good and pretty close to the original 846's I've heard.
              Agreed.....I'd probably buy one because the Vox series looks cool and it looks like a pretty nice wah overall inside and out..If it's $200,I feel thats pretty reasonable.Bout time Dunlop starts getting a tonal clue with wahs!

Comment

Working...
              X