NAD!!! Mini Rectifier is here!!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD!!! Mini Rectifier is here!!! :)

I just got home from picking it up. I had seen pics prior to getting mine but found it to be much cuter in person. These things are very solid and are like carrying a 12lb brick with a handle. Having said that, I'm very happy with the Mini so far but still have yet to really dig into it. I spent a good 2 hours playing through the clean channel as it was so pleasantly full bodied and sparkly. I still have yet to really give the distortion a whirl but thus far I find it to be tight and rather thick sounding regardless of the Minis size. In conclusion, while the Mini is undoubtedly part of the Rectifier family tonewise it definately has a bit of it's own thing going on.....
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 12-01-2011, 09:34 PM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: NAD!!! Mini Rectifier is here!!!

Pics to come tomorrow when I have some good natural lighting (no reg cam and room lighting sucks)........
    Roland Cube 60
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

May I be the first to say- Clips, mother****er.
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Aw jealousy! How much headroom at max volume?

Comment

CLIPS!!!
          Originally posted by TheLivingDead
          H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
          Originally posted by jcthejester13
          I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

what I wanna know is how much ball-quaking gain and volume can it dish out?

Comment

Just got done playing a bit more. I am unable to really crank tonight but will hopefully be able to a bit tomorrow. As I get the settings a bit more to my liking I'm liking it more and more. I definately agree with those who find Mesas tough to dial in, although, once you find the right settings it's pretty frickin amazing. This lil guy is a must have for any Rectifier Fan IMO....... tehehe
              Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 12-01-2011, 11:52 PM.
              Roland Cube 60
              Mogami Cables
              Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by ConvoysToNothingness View Post
                what I wanna know is how much ball-quaking gain and volume can it dish out?
                A hell of a lot more than youd think for it's size..... Keep in mind I am running a 2x12 though.....
                Roland Cube 60
                Mogami Cables
                Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

looking forward to more review and clips
                  this amp is SO on my radar

t4d
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I'm soooo jealous.

I'm droooling over this amp, but can't justify its purchase since I got the Mark 5.

Pix and clips please! I'm dying to hear it!

Congrats!
                    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                    DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Jealousy as I haven't experienced it lately... I've definitely found my sound with Oranges but darnit having this thing on top of my TH30 would make for the most versatile rig ever...

Congrats!

Comment

Nice amp, with a lot of appeal to many, but the wrong side of the 25W toaster amp price range for me

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                          May I be the first to say- Clips, mother****er.
                          Originally posted by gilaltom3 View Post
                          CLIPS!!!
                          Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                          looking forward to more review and clips
                          this amp is SO on my radar
                          Originally posted by lex666 View Post
                          Pix and clips please! I'm dying to hear it!
                          Here is one I made when I got it... Been super busy so haven't done more...

As for review, I could cut and paste something I posted elsewhere if interested, let me know.

Clip done with SM57:

Trying to do some 80s style riffs and licks with my new Mini Rectifier.Recording setup: Mesa Boogie Mini RectifierPeavey Triple XXX 4x12 cabErnie Ball Music ...

Last edited by BenoA; 12-02-2011, 09:22 AM. Reason: YT link not working...
                          BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum
                          My band: Sonicstate

Comment

Thanks for posting Beno. You have saved the day as I don't have the means to record my own clip at the moment. Beno, hopefully you won't mind me posting your other clip as well......

Made this for my friends at http://www.jcfonline.comJust a very quick clip I did before leaving for the office. Distorted channel, switch was set to modern, ...
                            Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 12-02-2011, 11:48 AM.
                            Roland Cube 60
                            Mogami Cables
                            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Here are a few more assorted video clips via youtube!

In Depth Mini Demo:

Here is our in depth look at the brand new Mesa/Boogie Mini Rectifier! We're going to show you all the in's and out's of this fantastic new amp. Although thi...

Mini Rectifier VS Dual Rectifier:

Here it is! The one you've been waiting for! How does the new Mesa/Boogie MINI Rectifier stack up against its iconic big brother, the Dual Rectifier? Find ou...

Mini all play no talk demo:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Mini metal demo:

Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 12-02-2011, 12:03 PM.
                              Roland Cube 60
                              Mogami Cables
                              Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Working...
                              X