banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two high gain amps in stereo holy shiz!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two high gain amps in stereo holy shiz!!!

This past weekend on a whim I let my buddy borrow my 6505 and we ran it in stereo with his knucklehead, WOW! It was the most awesome metal tone ever.... It made me want to skip getting a jack of all trades amp to run with 6505 and get something similar but with a little different dynamic....I can't stress how blazingly heavy it sounded!

Re: Two high gain amps in stereo holy shiz!!!

Yes, it's awesome!! I've run my Marshall JVM410H and 5150 stacks together in stereo and they always sounded amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      Yes, it's awesome!! I've run my Marshall JVM410H and 5150 stacks together in stereo and they always sounded amazing.
      Up until this I had only ran a VHT pittbull in stereo with a Fender Bassman and it sounded huge but the tones out of the two high gain monsters was face melting yet very rich in harmonics and had a great give.....we weren't using heaps of volume or gain either......

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
        Up until this I had only ran a VHT pittbull in stereo with a Fender Bassman and it sounded huge but the tones out of the two high gain monsters was face melting yet very rich in harmonics and had a great give.....we weren't using heaps of volume or gain either......
        Yeah, you don't need loud high wattage amps to sound huge. I run two 5 watt Blackstar HT-5's together in stereo as my practice rig, and the sound is fantastic. If I still gigged, I wouldn't have any problem using them.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          Yeah, you don't need loud high wattage amps to sound huge. I run two 5 watt Blackstar HT-5's together in stereo as my practice rig, and the sound is fantastic. If I still gigged, I wouldn't have any problem using them.
          I hear that man!

Comment

My most common gigging setup is into my Ampeg Jet II on anywhere from 5 to 8 with the tone knob on 10, then jumped over to my '69 Princeton Reverb on 10. The Princeton provides the sweet and fat bass, and the Ampeg provides the crunchy midrange and treble. Not exactly stereo, but two amps almost always sound better than one IMO.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X