Why, why, why did I do that?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, why, why did I do that?!?!?

Went to GC yesterday to return something and instead, played a Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier.

DAMMIT. Now I want one. Don't even need it, but it sounded awesome. Played 3 guitars thru it, a Gibson Midtown Custom, Gibson ES339, and Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

The Mini Recto was plugged into a small 1x12 cab. It sounded HUGE. I mostly tinkered with the voicing on channel 2 which was able to produce very good tones at just about any setting. With medium gain at the vintage setting, I got a very cool classic rock vibe. Adding some bass actually tightens up the chunkiness of the tone. Great low end & surprisingly the 1x12 cab was able to keep things tight. The Modern setting sounds just like its supposed to; fast, tight tracking with lots of low end, roll off the bass just a little for a super sweet lead sound.

This Mesa contradicts all those who think Mesa's have too many knobs or is hard to dial in. I basically plugged in and started jamming. At just about any setting I found the sound very suitable for different situations. Only the gain and bass knobs needed to be teaked to balance the distortion without muddiness.

I was so impressed with this tiny, compact amp now I want one. I've plugged into other small lunchbox style amps and always felt like there was some compromise. Not so with the Mini Recto. It really felt and sounded like a full size head, but in a small, almost "cute" chassis with volume levels perfect for small room cranking.

~Lex
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

Re: Why, why, why did I do that?!?!?

just because you have GAS doesn't mean you have to bring gas upon us.....

btw i want one as well.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

No Mesa dealers here in Chile. Thankfully.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

i am staying away from GC for exactly that reason

with me leaving the band in January, i have no need for another amp

but i know i'll want one if i play one

t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I told you guys the Mini was a lunchbox amp killer....
          Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
          Roland Cube 60
          Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
          BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
          LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
          Mogami Cables
          Mooer Candy Toppers
          Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
          Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

I haven't played in a band for nearly two years, but I can't satisfy my insaciable appetite for guitars and amps. I'm not stupid though, so I'm staying away from GC. Not even going to think about playing one.

Certainly not until next year, at least.

Well, at least not before Christmas.

I could probably fit it in this weekend, But I'm not. Oh no. I'm definitely not. What would be the point?! I obviously don't need another amp.

Besides,....

Damn, I've got to try that little thing.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X