Hellhound Combo Chop & Full Setup Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellhound Combo Chop & Full Setup Done

Here's my reverend hellhound combo chopped into a head. Came out pretty good, and it was much easier than the deville chop.

I had no idea what the stock head looked until after I finished, and I found reverend did basiclaly the same thing, I guess to make production easier. But the stock one is about 5 inches taller.

To increase airflow, it includes a bottom hole, like the deville, so the deville's heat can flow up through the hellhound, and I replaced the louvered metal back, which doesn't flow well, with mesh. I also cut holes in what was the baffle. When it's dark you can see the power tubes glow through the speaker mesh I used on what was the speaker grill.

I'm using the leihe signal splitter and weber speaker switcher to allow amp switching and feeding one set of extra large cabs (bottom is 17Hx24Wx15D & top is 15Hx24Wx15D/bottom13D/top) loaded each with swamp thangs. The bottom cab's baffle is angled 1.5 inches back at the top and the top cab is angled 2 inches back at the top. The top was convertible, but replaced the entire back with solid piece because I found all closed sounds best with this setup.

I mounted a powder coated steel power strip to the back of the bottom cab so that I can easily move the setup around and also give me 15 ft of cord for tough spots at gigs, because the height of the two amps and the weber switcher used up their cord length.

Feels good to be done, finally...lol.

Re: Hellhound Combo Chop & Full Setup Done

Wow, no comments...must not have come out as good as I thought...lol.

I just realized that, when there's light in back shining through the holes....it makes...a face. That was definitely not planned.

Comment

Not even an "atta boy"? Lol..c'mon, it ain't that bad, is it? With less light in back, the front grill just looks blacked out.

It does sound great...even if it does look....different.

Comment

Well, give somebody a minute, would ya?

That is one badass looking rig! Good job.

Comment

That's wild looking.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluefellow View Post
            Well, give somebody a minute, would ya?

That is one badass looking rig! Good job.
            lol...you're right...i'm way too needy. Thanks for the kudos!

Comment

Working...
            X