Looking For Info on Celestion V12-60's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Info on Celestion V12-60's

I cant find any info on the celestion site. Anyone know where I can find the specs? Im interested in sensitivity

Re: Looking For Info on Celestion V12-60's

Supposedly Engl used them in their cabs. Anyone have any experience with them?

Comment

Sooner or later you will HAVE TO BUY speakers and TRY THEM YOURSELF...

Asking opinions of folks on the internet will only get you so far and I think you've gotten that far and then some...

Not being rude just saying...listening to a speaker for 30 seconds will do you more good than reading about the same speaker for 30 days...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I found the specs on the net for anyone thats curious

The specs:

Nominal diameter 12", 305mm
        Power Rating 60W
        Nominal impedance 16 ohm
        Sensitivity 96dB
        Chassis type Pressed steel
        Voice coil diameter 1.75", 44.5mm
        Voice coil material Round copper
        Magnet type Ceramic
        Magnet weight 25oz, 0.71kg
        Frequency range 70-5000Hz
        Resonance frequency, Fs 70Hz
        DC resistance, Re 12 ohm

Comment

the industry standards from celestion are:
          the V30
          the T75
          the H30
          the M30 greenback

the rest will be harder to get info about and will be harder to resell if you find they dont agree with what you are after.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            Sooner or later you will HAVE TO BUY speakers and TRY THEM YOURSELF...

Asking opinions of folks on the internet will only get you so far and I think you've gotten that far and then some...

Not being rude just saying...listening to a speaker for 30 seconds will do you more good than reading about the same speaker for 30 days...
            wait until I start buggin you guys about different tubes. Which is better Sovetec or Svetlana? Are Ruby's worth the money?

Comment

Originally posted by DTrane View Post
              I cant find any info on the celestion site.
              You have already found the specs, so I won't bore you with those.

The speakers were part of Celestion "Silver Series", a lower cost budget speaker (When compared to GB's, V-30's, etc).
              I've had a quad of these in a 4-12 cab for quite awhile. They remind me of a higher powered Green Back. The low sensitivity allows you to turn up the volume a little more. They handle hi-gain very well.

They are one of my favorite speakers for classic rock. They aren't better than a real Green Back or V-30, but hold their own in most situations.

Comment

yeah, from the reviews Ive found, they seem pretty decent for the money.

The guy selling them wont budge on the price. $40 a speaker is too much, since Avatar blew them out 4 for $90. For $20 a speaker, I would try them

Comment

Originally posted by DTrane View Post
                  wait until I start buggin you guys about different tubes. Which is better Sovetec or Svetlana? Are Ruby's worth the money?
                  When it comes time let me know and i'll be glad to help...

FWIW, you're not bugging me...asking opinions and getting feedback is what these forums are all about but there coems a point when no more questions, no more reading and more opinions will help...you just have ti put rubber to road and find out for yourself...with the speakers, you were at that point several threads ago...
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                  X