banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

had a whammy for about 3 weeks, should i return it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a whammy for about 3 weeks, should i return it?

always intrigued by the whammy because of its experimental use, which is what i mainly do. Got one from pgs for 170 with the coupon, and was really excited. I still havent found a sensible use for it except sounding like a bass and making cool noise. Except im not spending 170 on noise. Anybody here really wait a while before connecting with their whammy or should i just return it and get a fuzz factory, which im about to buy and this way i wouldnt have to lose any more money. the harmony is cool but again, not really sensible, i dont know, anyone have a common use for their whammy?
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Re: had a whammy for about 3 weeks, should i return it?

You're refering to the Digitech? I bought one a couple years ago, tried to bond with it, but thought it was basically garbage with a couple cool but not very usefull effects. I returned it after a week or two. I couldn't see spending $200 on junk (meaning that it wasn't useful in a practical sense).
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

ya im feeling the same way, plus i use wah a lot and this could fund a clyde or something similar to replace my crybaby or a fuzz factory as previously mentioned (doubting i even need that though) , im still giving it a chance though, the killer for me was the glitching on chords, i wish i could play 2 oct up and sound solid
      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

I find myself in the same spot sometimes. I mainly use the 1 octave up setting ala Gilmour or the bass sounding setting with fuzz for a coool diddly. Luckily I got iit free

Comment

think of it as a digital slide

get back to me
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I got a Whammy in my Pocket.
            I tried to give it to the good looking young Goth chick at the Guitar Store pedal counter, but I got arrested.
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I like mine and use it all the time. Keep in mind I use it for Jack White and Tom Morrello tunes.

For rythym it is pretty much useless and muddy. I like to use it for single note riffs and solo's. Try playing a solo in harmony mode, then try playing the same solo a few octaves down. Experiment. Used correctly it can really fatten up your sound and add an extra dimension. Use the pedal to "bend" your notes. At higher registers, it sounds kinda like a ring mod. I use it for the solo on "paranoid".
              If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
              DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Anyone know what the difference between the new ones and the sought after vintage ones that go for $500 on Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  think of it as a digital slide

get back to me
                  i dont have a use for a "analog" (haha) slide let alone a digital one

Comment

sell it and get a POG or HOG. I have a POG and it has some cool functional sounds.
                    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Try using it like Jack White does, then get back to us.

Comment

what movie is that gif from, it always makes me ROFL
                        2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                        X