Signal chain recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal chain recommendations.

Hey guys. I would like to ask some questions about my set up.

I play modern hard rock with fairly high gain through a marshall JVM.
    My pedals consist of Crybaby Dime wah, boss ns2, boss tuner, boss chorus, flanger and digital delay, and a SD pickup booster.

I currently run all of my pedals infront of my amp, and suffer from a lot of 'hiss' from my amp. During playing it is no problem but in between songs or in tight stop/start rhythm playing, out comes the howling!
    I have experimented running my boss noise suppressor through the FX loop with no real good results.
    I have just ordered an ISP noise decimator G string as a lot of people have recommended it to me.

My question is, what would be the best set up in terms of signal chain.
    Which pedals should go before others and what should go through the loop and what should stay in front for best results?

Re: Signal chain recommendations.

I run all my pedals in front.

I would go:

tuner> wah> booster> noise.

Put the chorus> flange> delay into the loop of the NS2 in that order.

That will clean up any noise going into your amp and in the modulation chain as well.
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Option 2:

This is what I do to eliminate as much noise as possible thru my loooong effects chain:

Loop Master Bypass Pedal

A. It allows you to bypass effects, removing the noise and shortening your fx chain when not in use.

B. Allows you to leave multiple fx on, and use a single switch to engage/disengage those fx.
      If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
      DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
        I run all my pedals in front.

I would go:

Put the chorus> flange> delay into the loop of the NS2 in that order.

That will clean up any noise going into your amp and in the modulation chain as well.

Agreed... except I wouldn't put the Delay in the loop of the NS2 as it may cut the quieter repeats off. I'd put the delay after the NS2.

Comment

Working...
        X