banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone check out the little Ibanez TSA 15 amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone check out the little Ibanez TSA 15 amp?

A local online store has them on sale for about $225 (head & cab!) and I was wondering if it would be worth getting? I'd actually like a small amp to mess around with playing the blues and my H&K switchblade 50 watt is a) too loud to play at night b) pretty modern sounding, so I'm kind of temted to get one. I'd really like a small tube amp for late night noodling/recording. Ideally I'd prefer something more versatile with more gain on offer like a Blackstar HT5 (Jolly's clips in the tips and clips section sound amazing :0) or Jet City JCA20. But most of the reviews out there say this thing has a ton of headroom for it's size and takes pedals very well, so that's probably not an issue. Also it's less than half the price of a Blackstar here & the jet City amps are'nt available locally (besides being more expensive as well) . I've found some pretty awesome sounding demo's on youtube that have really impressed me.. but also a lot of crappy ones. So I was wondering if anyone here has actually played through/owns one...

The only thing that makes me hesitate a bit is the lack of a mid control...I've never played an amp without one and that's a bit of a damper for me..though from the demo's it does'nt seem like that big a deal...

Here's a pair of cool demo's I checked out..

Not the best audio but it still sounds fantastic...
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Anyone check out the little Ibanez TSA 15 amp?

I did. They aren't that loud, but they sound decent. It really does sound like a tube screamer. It's not going to sparkle like a Blues Junior, or roar like a Marshall, but for a little home/practice amp, it's pretty good.

Comment

Thanks for the input man...I normally prefer to try before I buy but this thing sounds really sweet in the demo's ...warm, fat, smooth pretty damn sparkly too....

....and it's switchable between 5 & 15 watts...so it probably gets loud enough for a drummer.....though I'm primarily looking to get a practice amp..or something I can use for recording. This seems like a hell of a deal at that price, I could wait for the Jet City JCA maybe..but I'm inclined to give this a go instead...
      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-24-2011, 10:09 PM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I'm a big fan of Ibanez guitars, but not their electronics. However, I love my TS808. The TSA15 sounds pretty good and has some cool features so if I didn't already have a Blues Junior, I might have one of those. Like I said, it really does sound just like a tube screamer, so yeah, it's warm and midrangey. You can't be disappointed if you pay $350 and under for one. I had the pleasure of playing one of the new big ugly green TS808 handwired pedals through one so I was able to get a real smooth, saturated. I want one of those pedals too.

Comment

For that price why not! You could probably resale it for more money than you paid if you don't like it.
          Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Yeah, that's right man, I was thinking the same thing...I just sent them an enquiry..

@UberMetalDood: Same here...besides guitars, the only other Ibanez product I've owned is my Thrash Metal pedal from the 90's..it's a great pedal though. I've never tried any of the Ibby tubescreamer models, but I've got a Digitech Bad Monkey which is really cool. The one in this amp sounds really cool in those demo's though..

Youtube

Comment

Damn...that price was just for the head. They'd listed them (cab & head) together and it was misleading.... should've known it was too good to be true.. :/

At an extra $200 for the cab it's looking a lot less attractive now.

Don't have another cab I could use..my H&K is a combo or I'd have got just the head...

I'm looking at the Vox AC4TV instead...seems like a better bet at about the same price for both head and cab.. Plus the attenuator feature means it will really get down to late night noodling levels. The demo's/reviews are pretty cool too..

Youtube

Comment

Vox AC4 is great for a lo-fi fuzzy scuzz bluesrock tone
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I must say that I do like the TSA15 better than the little Vox...
                  Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Working...
                  X