Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me set up my board?

Now how would I set up my board?

Guitar > Fryette Valvulator > Boss TU-3 > GNI Extreme Distortion > FUlltone OCD > MXR Black Label Chorus > MXR Carbon Copy Delay > Ernie Ball Volume Pedal JR > AMP? or is there a better way? Can a VP be last in line?
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: Help me set up my board?

Sounds right to me. Only thing I would do different is maybe put the VP right after the Valvulator. It'll help control the signal into the ODs. That way you don't have to worry about the volume control on the guitar. Do it all with the volume pedal.

Comment

Vp before delay, that way you can do cool ambient swells and delay it, I would always put delay last
      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

I would put the chorus and delay in the loop. I wouldn't use the valvulator.

Comment

There are questions...

What do you use the volume pedal for?

You don't want to put anything in the loop?

You want to run the tuner inline?
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            There are questions...

What do you use the volume pedal for?

You don't want to put anything in the loop?

You want to run the tuner inline?

I mainly use the Volume pedal for fade in/out, swells and a mute.

If my amp had a loop I would use it.

I actually have the tuner off to the side.
            Originally posted by grumptruck
            No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
            Originally posted by Gear Used
            PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
            Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
            Mesa Stiletto Ace
            Gurus 5015
            Mesa Widebody 1X12
            Pedalboard

Comment

The Deliverance has no loop!

Interesting...

My volume pedal question is still in need of answers...

If you put the VP before dirt then when you swell in and out it will start out clean then build up to crunch, if you put it after it will always be crunchy but the volume will change...

Also, if you put it before the Carbon Copy your delay can trail off (as long as the pedal is on) but if you have the Carbon Copy first then the volume pedal will kill the delay if you roll it back...

On the tuner issue i'm not talking about physical placement...you can put it first or last in the chain or run it from the tuner out on the VP or run it from the B out of the buffer...
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
              X