Power Mode Switch ( output ) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Mode Switch ( output ) question

Is it possible to add that Power Mode Switch to any kind of tube amplifier? For example Engl Thunder 50 Combo? How to do that? If anyone had some good link please write down ! I need 50, 30, 15 power switch ! how much it cost, and what do i need to do that? thanx.

Re: Power Mode Switch ( output ) question

Not really possible to mod an amp like that--it requires a special transformer and would probably be prohibitively expensive. You'd be better off getting a modern amp, like a Mesa or Egnater, with that feature.

Your best bet for your current amp would probably be a power attenuator, like the THD Hot Plate.

Good Luck!

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Well, i don't have that much money for any kind of mesa amplifier. but i heard a lot of good things about Engl combos. one is versatility.. for almost any kind of music... everything just right, but it doesn't have that power switch. so maybe i'll buy Carvin V3M 112 Combo, it has 50 / 22 / 7 output control. but i don't know how much versatility has that amp... anyway, thanks for the answer

Comment

As said in your other post....The V3M is very versatile.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X