X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunchy 15 inch speakers?

Do they exist??

Re: Crunchy 15 inch speakers?

It depends on what you are driving them with. I have posted a video here of the Dirty Mac band(John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, & Mitch Mitchell). Eric is playing through a Fender Dual Showman which is essentially a Fender Twin in a head form. It has 2 15" speakers(D 130F), but it does depend on what era they were from the Dual Showman was made with a 1 12", a 1 15" & a 2 15" depending on year and configuration. The D130F is a great Speaker but does not overdrive significantly well. Part of the reason why it was paired with the Showman. The amp was designed to be loud & clean. I think they crunch nicely but if you intend to drive them with a small powered amp. they won't push well. These need power to drive well.

"So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I have had good luck with various old alnico 15 inch speakers, low power and hit em hard. Old Emi and CTS speakers have done well for me.
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

well, it looks like Weber speakers exist. . .are you saying they are all crunchy?

Comment

A buddy of mine has an Emi Big Ben in his Ampeg Gem II and it sounded incredible.

Comment

The Heritage on my JTM60 is pretty crunchy \m/

Comment

Originally posted by lareplus View Post
                well, it looks like Weber speakers exist. . .are you saying they are all crunchy?
                Sorry, I should have looked better at the link. Here's the speaker

15A150B
                $210.00

For Tweed Pro, replaces Chicago Jensen P15P.
                15", 40oz AlNiCo magnet, 30 or 50 watts, 1-1/2" voice coil, ribbed cone.
                This speaker is very similar to the original Chicago P15P. Players who want to get more power tube distortion at a lower volume prefer the P15P over the P15N due to its lower sensitivity. I have to agree on that. You can get a great crunch out of this speaker at lower volumes. Medium breakup, crunch and punch. Earlier breakup than a P15N, more focused in the mids and upper mids. Compressed and fattened at higher volumes.
                Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X