Peavey Bandit 112 footswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Bandit 112 footswitch

Found a decent deal on CraigsList and I'm now the owner of a Peavey Bandit 112 Redline (U.S. made). Very nice amp for the money and (in my opinion) a lot better amp than the Roland Cube 60 I've been using.
    It came with a footswitch but apparently there are TWO versions of footswitch for this amp. The one I have, switches channels from Clean to Lead on the left button ("Select"), and turns the effects loop on/off ("Effects") on the right button. So, there's NO way to turn the reverb on/off from the footswitch. I have this one:
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

The other version I've seen, has "Select/Effects" on the left button, and "Reverb" on the right, like this:
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Anyone have experience with this other footswitch? It appears that it will turn off the reverb, but how do they combine the channel select AND effects on the other button? Does this mean that if you switch from Lead to Clean (for example), you will also lose your effects? What if you would like to use maybe some chorus etc., on Clean?
    I'm thinking that maybe the previous owner just bought the wrong footswitch? I mean, it works, but it's kind of a pain in the butt that you can't swich off the reverb. On the other hand, I do have a delay pedal I could throw in the effects loop to achieve somewhat similar results....
    So who has experience with footswitches for the Bandit 112 and can give some advice or recommendations? This seems like a really nice amp (for the money) that I'll get a lot of use out of, just looking to "maximize" its potential without spending much more money on it. Thanks!
    Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
    Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
    Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
    Marshall DSL-40CR

Re: Peavey Bandit 112 footswitch

Don't waste the money. They are the same switch marked differently.

Which one you use would depend on your amp.

Comment

Originally posted by RealtyViking View Post
      Don't waste the money. They are the same switch marked differently.

Which one you use would depend on your amp.
      Hhm, OK well I've searched all over the web and really only found TWO references to the actual operation of either model (and those were included with the links from my original post). So one guy said the "Reverb" button didn't do a thing, while the other guy said it did work.

I've read and re-read the product descriptions for each one, on the Peavey website, and noticed that for the one that I currently have, it says "for Transtube Bandit", while the other one (described as a "stereo" footswitch) says only that it's for the "Bandit" series. So since all of the more recent Bandits are "Transtube", would that indicate that the stereo switch is for the older models? (Which in that case I'd have the same experience as that one reviewer?)
      Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

Searched the Peavey forum and found my answer. One of the members posted a link to the archived owner's manual for the "Redstripe" Bandit 112/Studio Pro 112/Envoy 110, and it says that the reverb on that model Bandit is NOT "footswitchable". (Is that a word? ) Too bad.

So the "don't waste your money" post was right on, thanks R.V.!
        Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

Working...
        X