kinda neat fuzz pedal idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda neat fuzz pedal idea

should have put a little protective cage or something over where you put the transistors & caps, but I like the idea!

Re: kinda neat fuzz pedal idea

That is pretty cool. Would probably be a good concept if the rest of the pedal was made well. Anyone want to try one out and get back to us?
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

For a prototyper. How many people are knowledgeable or resourceful enough to identify the leads of a transistor, or that an electrolytic cap is polarized, or for that matter differentiating an electrolytic from nonpolarized?

Comment

yeah, it's better to do it from the inside. It's not as easy but from reliability point of view much better. Once you find the sweet spot you're not going to change components for a while. I did it with my fuzz face build, both transistors are socketed

Check out my site with DIY amps, guitars and pedals http://diy-fever.com

Comment

only problem I really saw (outside of them being exposed for bumpage) was with some of those types of sockets, when you goof with the transistors, the wires can become kinda bent up after awhile as you try to jam them in time after time. plus, as I understand it's not a great idea to go grabbing them without first grounding yourself ("shocking" yourself on a screw of a lightswitch or something) to prevent damaging the transistor guts.

Comment

OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR GIGGING GUITARISTS, OBVIOUSLY GEARED TOWARDS BASEMENT TOAN CHASERZ, DUH, HOW IS THAT NOT PLENTIFULLY EVIDENT TO YOU?

Sorry for the all caps. Also, sorry for the passive aggressive comment
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bancika View Post
              yeah, it's better to do it from the inside. It's not as easy but from reliability point of view much better. Once you find the sweet spot you're not going to change components for a while. I did it with my fuzz face build, both transistors are socketed

That's purdy. Nice work.

Comment

yeh it is!
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post
                  That's purdy. Nice work.
                  +1
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

that is a really beautiful circuit job, I agree!
                    Last edited by DankStar; 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bancika View Post

What is that kind of board called? Not perfboard... Breadboard?

Comment

Working...
                      X