Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY - Make a Dallas Rangemaster Treble Boost

Interesting thread...

Parts of that clip were good other parts not so much IMHO.

The thing with a Rangemaster is getting the gain right and making it cut without being harsh and fizzy.

You also have to keep in mind that the amp and even more the speaker being used with them make a HUGE difference in the resulting tone.

As for the power issues I use an AnalogMan Beano Boost, it's been a main stay on my board since 07 or so and I have put one battery in it period...batteries last an insane amount of time in these things! If you have an LED in your Rangemaster clone it'll draw around 5mA when it's on, mostly from the LED when it's off less than 1/4 mA...batteries literally last hundreds of hours in these things, on the topic of power supplies after reading this thread I powered mine off of my Voodoo Lab PPII+ and noticed no extra noise at all...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
    X