Whats the final Word on KRANK amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the final Word on KRANK amps?

Whats the final Word on KRANK amps? How do they sound. Reliability/build quality. I know resale isn't that great. Awhile back, we had someone report about poor customer service.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Whats the final Word on KRANK amps?

They sound sick, man!

Comment

I've only played one. It sounded thin, trebley, and fuzzy. It was a fifty watt head and cab I believe. The guy at the store talked it up a whole bunch, but I couldn't find a good sound with it. I couldn't hear the difference between a LesPaul and a Charvel. And they were very different sounding guitars. The only redeeming qualities? It was loud and cheap.
      Hmm...

Comment

Good metal chunkola amps that suffer from a cheesy name and look.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Pass.
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

They are very much love-hate amps, their customer service as far as I am concerned is excellent.

One little peeve of them is that you really have to crank them to get a good sound, but that is how they are designed.
            Also at sevenstring.org
            You're a member too? Feel free to shoot me a line, we can reminisce about Shono.. Or not

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              Awhile back, we had someone report about poor customer service.
              That would have been me.

I have had some messed up issues with CS, but I still like the amps. Someone mentioned thin, trebley, and buzzy. I don't know what Krank they where playing, but there must have been something wrong with it,or they didn't know how to work the sweep knob on the amp. There is nothing "thin" about these amps.

I've had mine for over 3 years, I've put it through hell, and it's still standing. I guess I can't say too much that's bad about them.

Comment

Working...
              X