Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something wicked this way comes...and repeats

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
    I'm afraid pricing is gonna be ridiculous.
    Well, if it's priced like other similar analog delay pedals (i.e. T Rex Replica, Diamond Memory Lane), I'd guess around $400.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

T-Rex is hardly analouge

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
        Well, if it's priced like other similar analog delay pedals (i.e. T Rex Replica, Diamond Memory Lane), I'd guess around $400.
        T-Rex is all digital...

Memory Lane is only 550ms and is $600...

Also the ML uses real deal NOS Panasonic BBD's so it's hard to say what the price will be...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Like every new product announced around this time of year, I wouldn't bet on seeing it until May at the earliest.

NAMM = Not Available, Maybe May

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            T-Rex is all digital...
            Whoops, you're right.

Can't figure out why it's $400 then.

Comment

Isn't the Superdelay all digital? I'd say it's worth what they ask for it, if I had a need for all that it offers.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Whoops, you're right.

Can't figure out why it's $400 then.
                I have idea to be honest...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                  Isn't the Superdelay all digital? I'd say it's worth what they ask for it, if I had a need for all that it offers.
                  yes it is...

It's overpriced too IMO

Comment

yes it is...

It's overpriced too IMO
                    Yeah, it's very expensive, but it's also an amazing pedal, like pretty much everything Empress makes. Still, I agree it's priced a bit crazy for what it is.

When I got my delay, it was between a TC Electronic Nova Repeater and a used Superdelay. I decided that I wouldn't be using the full capability of the Superdelay, and since they were pretty equivalent sound-wise I went with the Nova.

I own an Empress Phaser and I'd love to pick up their compressor, but I'd have to get a killer deal on a Superdelay to consider one.

Comment

I have heard that it is just an analog voiced digital delay, if that turns out to be the case I have no interest...
                      why are you such a snob about this kind of stuff?
                      what if turns out to be the best sounding most amazing delay you have ever heard?
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Because there is a difference, has little to do with snobbery methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                          why are you such a snob about this kind of stuff?
                          what if turns out to be the best sounding most amazing delay you have ever heard?
                          I have no use for a digital delay...

I am just never happy with the sound of a digital delay.

Does that make me a snob?!

This whole pile of analog voiced and tape simulator digital delay pedals out there just don't interest me.

Number one not a one of them sounds like analog or tape...

Second, not a one of them feels like tape and so far every one of them has done something to my signal or to the effects in my signal path I found undesirable.

So, yeah...if it's another analog voiced digital delay I'm not interested...if that makes me a snob so be it, I see it as somebody that simply knows what he does and does not like...
                          Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 01-11-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                            One would think...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                              More like the fact that he's a tone snob has everything to do with why he doesnt like digital delay. Not at all taking a potshot- he's a self admitted tone snob..I'm not passing judgement;bully for him.
                              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

TG:
                                yeh there is a difference between analog and digital. I get that.
                                But delays and stuff regardless of how they operate are just tools. Its the notes and how you play them that matters.
                                Musicians are artists.
                                Its good to keep an open mind when it comes to creating art thats all.
                                Maybe it was your wording that made me quote you.
                                Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM.
                                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                                X