Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Budda Day

A Budda SuperDrive 80 II.
    What can I say, other than it's absolutely amazing. Best cleans I've ever played, and with a boost pedal I'm getting modern metal tones that rival my Avenger. The feel, the clarity, this thing is just dripping with tone.

I got it for a clearance blowout price of $999. Regular price was $2500. I had store credit of $25 so the amp actually only cost me $975...killer deal.
    The store simply doesn't carry Budda or Peavey anymore since the original chain was recently bought out by another company. So I jumped on it.

It's got four JJ 6L6's and three 12AX7's, 2 Rubys and 1 JJ.
    The amp loves V30's so my Mesa cab has been getting a workout. This is by far the loudest amp I've ever played too.
    Setting the Master above 2 is suicide. Seriously. This thing would drown out a garbage truck.
    Clips to come.....!
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Re: New Budda Day

Cool Brah-man.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Sweet amp good luck with her!
      - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
      - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
      - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
      - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
      - Tungsten Buckwheat
      - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
      - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
      - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Great amps that are way too loud....like many great amps.

I'd suggest pulling the inner or outter two 6L6's, then set the ohms to half what the cab value is. So, the amp with 2 6L6's, set on 8 ohms, into a 16 ohm cab. See how that sounds, and let us know. It's a common practice and harmless to a well built amp like a Budda.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          Great amps that are way too loud....like many great amps.

I'd suggest pulling the inner or outter two 6L6's, then set the ohms to half what the cab value is. So, the amp with 2 6L6's, set on 8 ohms, into a 16 ohm cab. See how that sounds, and let us know. It's a common practice and harmless to a well built amp like a Budda.
          Yeah thanks, I was thinking of doing just that. It worked well with some of my others amps too.
          I like the amp with V30's, but I'm thinking some less efficient speakers would be wise too. Maybe I'll look for another Greenback cab and some other lower rated speaker. Something in the 96-97db range.

Comment

Nice score. Any amp that uses Bober-watts will be much louder than an equivalent amp of the same wattage; scientific FACT !

Faceplate says Superdrive II. Is this amp post-Peavey buy-out?
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That's a killer deal!
              My Soundclick

Comment

Congratulations. That's a great deal.

Comment

Congratulations. That is a sweet deal. If I saw it for $999, I'd jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                    Congratulations. That is a sweet deal. If I saw it for $999, I'd jump on it.
                    Me, too! (If it were a pre-Peavey model)

There is a Super Drive 30 @ 30th St Guitars that I've had my eye on, but they want just a little too much for it ...

Comment

Congrats , Buddas are great amps. Had a Super Drive 18 that I foolishly sold and man that was a loud amp. I'm assuming the volume that 80 puts out the windows in your house won't last long
                      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

TwilightOdyssey, I believe it is post Peavey since the store used to be Peavey dealer but the store was bought out by another chain. I may be wrong, but I believe Peavey just owns Budda. The amps are still made by Budda the same as they were before. Let me know if you have more info on that...I'm not a brand snob though, and I love Peavey stuff too...

51501984, the volume under the hood surprised me, but trust me, it's not an issue at my house. Also, now I know for sure that I'll always have the bigger stick to swing at jams. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
                          TwilightOdyssey, I believe it is post Peavey since the store used to be Peavey dealer but the store was bought out by another chain. I may be wrong, but I believe Peavey just owns Budda. The amps are still made by Budda the same as they were before. Let me know if you have more info on that...I'm not a brand snob though, and I love Peavey stuff too...
                          I'm certainly not knocking current-edition Budda amps; I've not played one, so I cannot claim first-hand experience. I DO have a lot of experience with first gen Budda amps and with Jeff's new company, EAST ampilfication.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                            I'm certainly not knocking current-edition Budda amps; I've not played one, so I cannot claim first-hand experience. I DO have a lot of experience with first gen Budda amps and with Jeff's new company, EAST ampilfication.
                            No I didn't think you were. Maybe give one a go if you get the chance.

Comment

congrats!! GREAT price for an amazing amp!!

Didnt know they had been bought by PV. Guess this is another pittbull/freyette deal? Name bought and builder doing amps under new name?
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X