banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Marshall is Satch playing in this video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Marshall is Satch playing in this video?

6100 maybe?

Re: What Marshall is Satch playing in this video?

Yes 6100
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

funny thing about his intro and the whole one guitar thing he talks about...i can hear rhythm guitar on his backing track. I guess he was just talking about the lead part.
      Anyways, hes playing killer and sounding great.
      A marshall with a gold logo? Mebbe its some new satch prototype. Sounds killer whatever it is...
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The logo is brass...the 6100's has brass logo's...

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          Dang thats fugly .
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Maybe it's the video but his tone doesn't sound good in these Sweetwater videos, even though he's using a Marshall 6100.

Comment

whats the low down on these 6100s?
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                whats the low down on these 6100s?
                MIDI controlled 3 channel amp that Marshall introduced in 1992 for their 30th anniversary, built until 1998.

Rather impressive features considering the time period.

There was a 100 watt head and 2 4x12's (straight or slant) and a 1x12 combo version.

A buddy of mine used to have a combo version, lived at my house for a few years...cool amps in ways I guess but it never knocked me out completely.

I've never, ever sen any pro use them except Satch and they've been his main Marshall for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
                  Maybe it's the video but his tone doesn't sound good in these Sweetwater videos, even though he's using a Marshall 6100.
                  I remember when the 6100 was his main live amp - he used to use just the clean channel and get all his gain from a DS1. I wonder if he's doing that for this vid - I honestly don't know. Though it could just be a bad recording. Satch live sounds AMAZING.

He went to JSX's after using these, now he's back with Marshall and is currently using a custom-modded JVM410H. He's suposed to have a signature amp in the works.

Maybe he pulled the 6100 out just for this gig?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                    I remember when the 6100 was his main live amp - he used to use just the clean channel and get all his gain from a DS1. I wonder if he's doing that for this vid - I honestly don't know. Though it could just be a bad recording. Satch live sounds AMAZING.

He went to JSX's after using these, now he's back with Marshall and is currently using a custom-modded JVM410H. He's suposed to have a signature amp in the works.

Maybe he pulled the 6100 out just for this gig?
                    Since going back to Marshall he pulls it out now and then...I saw Satch on the EXP Hendrix tour...6100!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                      MIDI controlled 3 channel amp that Marshall introduced in 1992 for their 30th anniversary, built until 1998.

Rather impressive features considering the time period.
                      I kinda view it like a precursor to the JVM series.

Midi control, lots of channels, kinda weird how they went full circle there.

Comment

What the 6100 had in beauty (polished brass chassis), it lost in tone.

Marshall is supposed to be showing Satch's sig amp this NAMM.
                        -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                        “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

If I recall correctly, there was 4 or or more versions of that 30th Ann. amp.

Everything from traditional black, blue w/white logo, blue w/gold logo, blue w/gold chassis and logo, and 6L6 or EL-34 models. It seems like there's not a definitive one, but the brass/gold chassis EL-34 is the best of them, and most collectible.
                          Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-18-2012, 01:59 AM.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                          X