• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronic Polytune Mini

check this out... isn't cute?

http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune-mini.asp

Re: TC Electronic Polytune Mini

That's cool. I have a Polytune and love the accuracy. Works great for me. The mini can be real handy on small pedalboards.

Comment

Cool! TC Electronic is becoming one of my favourite guitar gear companies - they're dedicated to good tones, reliability, cool design, and innovation. They're almost like the Apple of the guitar effects world.

Comment

I dig their stuff. Even have the iPhone Polytune.

Comment

That's awesome! Won't be swapping my Turbo Tuner for that, but I can see the appeal.
          My Soundclick

Comment

Hey thats cool. I like my Polytune, its the only tuner that I liked enough to replace the old TU2 pedal.

Don't really have a need for another Polytune, but the size makes it gig bag/case friendly.

Any mention of the price? I could see myself getting one if it was slightly cheaper than the original Polytune.
            If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
            DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

The only little problen I see so far is that doesn't use battery, only 9v through external power supply. I don't see guitar/bass option so I don't know if recognize it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                The only little problen I see so far is that doesn't use battery, only 9v through external power supply. I don't see guitar/bass option so I don't know if recognize it automatically.
                It works for both. And trust me on this, you want 9V DC power from an external power supply, not a battery. It's digital. It'll eat batteries for breakfast just like any digital pedal out there.

Comment

if its not less than the standard poly im gonna be pissed
                  i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Seriously? No 9v battery option?

That sucks.

That kinda defeats the allure of it being small and portable for me. I'd like a small footswitchable tuner that I can throw into a gig bag or case.

DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      It works for both. And trust me on this, you want 9V DC power from an external power supply, not a battery. It's digital. It'll eat batteries for breakfast just like any digital pedal out there.
                      No 9v battery = fail, IMO.

It may eat batteries, but you only have it on for less than 1 minute at a time...

DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

For me, I love the fact that it economize on not having the battery option - I never use it.
                        My Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          I went away for two weeks for a jazz program and all i brought was my polytune and a few batteries, i never had to take the original out and i was playing for around 5 hours a day and tuned a good amount, i never had to change it once, it lasts a while
                          i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
                            No 9v battery = fail, IMO.

It may eat batteries, but you only have it on for less than 1 minute at a time...
                            Even when "off", it still uses battery just like any other stompbox. No stompbox that size can use a battery. There's just no room.

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                              I went away for two weeks for a jazz program and all i brought was my polytune and a few batteries, i never had to take the original out and i was playing for around 5 hours a day and tuned a good amount, i never had to change it once, it lasts a while
                              That's cool. My stock battery didn't last long. I have it plugged in to external anyway on my pedalboard and never use battery power. Not a risk I'm willing to take at a gig. I do have batteries in my pedals just in case I lose power to the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X